ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nearly taken..
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:21 pm 

I was nearly taken buy a guy going to buy my car. He sent me a check to cover the price of the car, along with the money to pay for the transport. He sent it threw a place called qchex. It is some sort of check writing service. I got the check. Brought it to the bank, and had them put a 15 day HOLD on it.. The name on the check was not the name of the guy buying my car. He told me that that was the name of the person that owns the service, and his name is on every check. You can't call the service to see if the check is real or not.. I took it a step further, and called the bank listed on the check. It came from there bank but they couldn't tell me much more about it. I next looked up the name that was listed on the check. Turns out the check was stolen from a big lawyer in Texas.. He had no idea that someone was sucking small amounts of money out of his account. I htold him to contact his bank asap to find out just how much money this person had been taking..
Is there any advice that you could give as to selling my car?? How, or what is a safe way to be paid.. Thanks.. Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:58 pm 
When you SELL a car, the buyer pays YOU money; the seller never pays anybody any money, as he is SELLING. Never, ever agree to accept more money for the car than the agreed selling price and forward on the difference to some third party, for any reason. Always be suspicious of people who seem to agree to buy the car without having come to inspect it. Never accept third party checks - if the person buying the car claims someone owes him money, and will write a check out to you, tell the buyer he must collect the debts owed to him before trying to spend the money, as you don't offer a debt collection service, paid or otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:08 am 

Best bet is to sell it someone locally or in the states. I am not going to say all, but MOST of the people that are trying to buy the car from you that live in a different country are scammers. Remember, they can buy cars in their own country, the shipping fees from the US are outrageous- why would anyone do that but to SCAM! Like guest said, never ever wire anyone back and funds ever!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:12 pm 

There is nothing like good ole CASHOLA when it comes to selling a car. Just keep a counterfeit detection pen handy like the stores have, to check bills before you let the keys out of your hands. Office depot has the pens reasonable and it is well worth protecting yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:58 am 

I knew that the guy wanting to buy my car was screwy when he asked me how much it was worth, compared to what did I want for it. I checked with the Federal Trade Commission. They told me of the Nigerian scam.

The other guy this ( Name removed due to complaint from the real party who is being defamed by the post) was a bit different. He wanted to know what I wanted, and lowered the price by $500. It is something that I never knew before that you could go to Google, and type in a name, or an address and it just pops up for you.. Well Mr. xxxxxx address pops up as the Hampton Inn in Holly Springs, Ms. The check he snt me was stolen from the account of a Litigation atorney in Dallas Texas. He sent the check threw a place called Qchex. I called the bank written on the check, along with the name written on the check, and found out that the check was stolen. This Mr. xxxxxxx, or jazzycone003@yahoo.com has been doing this for quite some time. He hits Deals on Wheels alot. I think the next place I post the car will be http://www.carsoup.com At least there they have a deal where I can post it till it sells for $40., along with 6 pictures..