ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New victims of the Nigerian Cashier's Check scam-
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:08 am 

My sister was just the victim of the nigerian cashier's check scam. She sent the merchandise and wired the money, just before learning of the scam. She and her boyfriend are out $5,000.

She went to the bank before they went to her, believing that they would work with her; however, they will (no surprise) hold her completely responsible for the money.

Because she has not informed the scammers of her discovery, they continue to communicate and have requested additional merchandise. She, of course, is sickened by them- but knows that as soon as she calls them on the scam, won't hear from them again. She feels that the least she can accomplish is to send them on an unnecessary trip to Western Union.

The extensive research we've done since Monday (when we discovered what was happening) reveals that the bank will not absorb any of the loss. Does anyone know of a situation where the bank will help? Also, is there any benefit to playing dumb and maintaining communication with these scammers?

Any suggestions, thoughts, advice are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Post subject: information on what to do if scamed by Nigerians
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:01 am 

I just thoguht i would share some information on what to do if you are scmaed from an individual in Nigeria you need to contact the Nigerian police www,nigerianpolice.org also your local police deaprtment and the embassy of Nigeria i just thoguth i would share this inforamtion to everyone becauuse i,am a ver educated guy on this type of stuff yes i have been scamed to put the person did not get my real name the encyrpted my computer which has a fake name so i was never affected [/b]

Post subject: Re: information on what to do if scamed by Nigerians
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:26 pm 
whiteguy1125 wrote:
I just thoguht i would share some information on what to do if you are scmaed from an individual in Nigeria you need to contact the Nigerian police www,nigerianpolice.org also your local police deaprtment and the embassy of Nigeria i just thoguth i would share this inforamtion to everyone becauuse i,am a ver educated guy on this type of stuff yes i have been scamed to put the person did not get my real name the encyrpted my computer which has a fake name so i was never affected [/b]

You sure your in the U.S.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:38 am 

:roll: Sure sounds like good old Nigerian scam English right there, not saying you are, just saying it sounds like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:50 am 

You really think these people use their real names? Notifying the Nigerian police is about as useful as contacting our own.