ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Scam or not?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:17 am 

This man claims he is from New Zealand. He has a client that is in America and is supposed to be the one I send the difference to.

He sent me a cashiers check in the mail for more than the price than advertised and told me the rest through Western Union.

I will not be releasing my car till I know that the money is good.

But should I take thee check to the bank or not?

And what if it is fake? And I cash it. Should I just not spend any of the money?

Post subject: A Scam or not?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:04 am 
Of course it's a scam - classic overpayment by cashiers check, with the request to use WU to send the overage to a third party.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CASH THE CHECK! - you may end up in jail as a result. Cease any further communication with this scammer.
Expect some abuse from him when he realises he isnt going to get any money from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:36 am 
I second that . You could tell the scammer that the check is a counterfeit and it's in the hands of the police . Act really mad and rant on how your turning in his email's to the FBI . Then take that check right fake in big letter's on the back and frame it and hang it on your wall . Just as a reminder how close you were to being scammed .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:58 pm 

Do not release the car this smells to high heaven of SCAM SCAM SCAM!.

DO NOT touch any of the money should the bank credit your account, that way you avoid owing them other than a bounce fee if it comes back bad!

IF you havent taken the check to the bank then think twice about it, if you submit it for payment with knowing it could be fake and it does come back fake you have put yourself in the middle of a crime.

I personally would not mess with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:02 pm 
a sure scam

Post subject: I got scam
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:59 pm 

I from texas, and I'm a victim of fake cashier check and money orders.

FBI came down, and bank talked to me, say that It is a second degree felony. and the fbi said its a felony , carries five years.

What should I do??

I cant afford to get a attorney

ANyone pls can you send me some information to my e-mail

justask_al@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:20 am 
How much did you cash, if the FBI is involving itself, it must be substantial

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:40 pm 

justaskal-
Can you please explain your situation more. Were you involved in a scam in which someone wanted to purchase something from you and you cashed a check and wired back the difference did you respond to a job posting on a website in whcih you were supposed to send cash back to these crooks? Please explain your story in detail.
I can not believe the FBI is actully stepping up and threatening you. No matter how large the loss! They know these scams exist, it was the banks fault in the first place for not recognizing a counterfeit check, granted you cashed it and sent it overseas, but there are a lot of people in the wrong when it comes to these scams, not just the victim!
Threatening jail time will never help help stop these scams! They need to stop threatening and interogating you and look at the real problem. That being banks aren't trained to detect these checks - which is ridiculous! I mean McDonalds workers are taught how to put their cheeseburgers and Big Macs together, how hard can it be to train a teller to call the originating bank from which these counterfeit checks come and verify funds? If there is any question the teller should say NO and ask what the check was going to be used for, and they should know about these scams - it is not rocket science! I bet if you called 10 banks today and asked a teller or even manager if a counterfeit check is good as cash - 9 out of 10 would say yes and that is completely false. if the damn banks don't even know how should we?
At this point I think you should contact Annie at fraudaid.com, if you are facing jail time you need help!
Good luck, I am on your side!