ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible scam.....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:20 am 

I am going to ride this woman out and play with her...... this pisses me off, but it is good that I remember reading something online about this scam and I am pretty sure this one is a scam..... this is the second email I got....

Thanks for your urgent response to my request.Meanwhile,i have forwarded the picture to my client for evaluation and confirmation.I am delighted to tell you that my client commended your vehicle and he instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier's check of $28,000 which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client. Due to company policy this check has to be made out in this amount to youn because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashie cheque.

However,you are required to deduct the cost of your vehicle $20,000 when payment gets to you and refund balance $8000 to the shipper for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair cost.

After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper,the
shipper's agent will come for inspection,(pick up of vehicle & signing of title papers), some cosmetic touches and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer. Confirm this and forward your

Names.........

Address............

Phone number.............. for payment to be made to you as soon as
possible.

Best regards,
michele

My only regrets is is that I sent her my address and numbers before I read about this scam online..... but I will see where it goes...
Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:22 am 

The totally FREAK dictionary talk alone tells me SCAM SCAM SCAM, these people will go to so many lengths to look official and end up looking like a total A$$ in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:00 am 

Yeah the horrible spelling and bad English kinda helped.... plus the amount being so much was just too fishy for me....
Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:14 pm 

Tell them that in order for you to do this it will cost them plenty dearly. You are a high official yourself and your hourly fees are 1500.00 per hour, which means most of that 8000 could be eaten up with phone calls and paperwork to ship the car. Oh and then you also have to pay your secretary to help you and she is from a high ranking secret pool of secretaries and costs you 250.00 per hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:29 am 
Will do.... haven't heard from them since I gave my addy.... probably just sent the check as soon as I replied....
Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:53 am 

You do not want her check it is best that if the postman or fedex or someone tries to deliver anything envelope wise from her just turn them away tell them that you have suspicion that the person who sent that to you is a scammer and you will not sign for it. ask them to alert their supervisor and have the contents of the envelope looked at.

There comes into play a potetial risk in accepting that envelope knowing that the contents could be counterfeit in accepting responsibility for those contents. You could be mistaken as part of the ring if you accept it.

If you still choose to accept it, treat it like a cop would as evidence. Handle the envelope, check everything with a set of rubber gloves, have a ziplock bag handy with a label. Only handle it by the corners and seal it up as evidence. Clearly marking the label in the upper left corner with the received date, the upper right corder with the words EVIDENCE, then in the middle of the label write the words: Envelope, Check, and whatever else it came with. Sign your name to the bottom of the label on the lower right and seal the envelope with the gloves you used enclosed. When you turn it over to the authorities make them give you a receipt for the evidence stating that you voluntarily turned it over to them.

Just a kind word of warning against accepting these checks. Done right you preserve the fingerprints that are on the check and envelope , do it wrong and you could get implicated because your prints will be all over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:38 am 
Here is another email I received from them this weekend.....
I have fowarded the payment information you provided to my customer and he assured me that payment will be made in your name on or before the end of next week.This will be sent to you after passing through the normal process of clarification.This may likely take up to 3 working days.The payment will be sent to you via Courier service on the last day of the clarification.

NOTE: YOU ARE EXPECTED TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE SARTURDAY 2TH OF JULY, 2005.

SECONDLY, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DEDUCT THE TRANSFER FEES FROM THE BALANCE OF THE FUNDS($8,000) YOU ARE TO SEND DOWN TO THE SHIPPING AGENT THAT WILL HANDLE THE PICK-UP AND SHIPPMENT.

ATTN: PLS RECONFIRM THE PAYMENT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED FOR PAYMENT:

Names to be written on the check: Marc Tescione
Address for delivery:27 Geiger Rd
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: 860-354-5667,203-648-0915

My customer informed me that he will scan all the agent information and his own information and forward them to you via email as soon as the agent is ready for the pickup of the vehicle.

Inorder to be a valid agent who is representing my customer he must provide the following.
1-Valid International passport.
2-Valid driver's lincence
3.Valid Work ID Card
4-Letter of authorisation signed and stamped by my client.

All the above will be scanned and fowarded to you as soon as the agent is ready for the pickup of the vehicle.

PLS CONSIDER THIS DEAL SEALED AND KEEP THE VEHICLE FOR MY CUSTOMER. CONFIRM THIS WHOLE ARRANGEMENT AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS MAIL TODAY SO THAT WE CAN PROCEED WITH THE TRANSACTION.

Looking foward to concluding this transaction.

Best regards.

I should hand over the check to the cops?????
Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:30 am 

I think I am going to email her and tell her that I sold it to someone near me and NOT to send the check and if it is already sent I will tear it up when I get it. This is just starting to get more and more nerve racking the more I search this stuff online.
Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:49 am 
Give him the address of your local Police department . Or the FBI office in your area :lol: This is allways a good way to dash there hope's . I would keep it . Just wright FAKE or VOID on the back and put it in a nice frame . Then tell the scammer that you took it to the bank and it was a fake act real pissed . Make up a storie that the bank froze your account and you know for a fact it was a fake and the police are watching your email's and phone call's ect . You need to go to 419eater.com you will love that site . Rebel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:29 pm 

oh yeah 419 eater is way cool, sit , read, watch, ask questions and learn these guys and gals are pros over there at mind melds with these scammers.