ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About to get a bad check
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:53 pm 
A few weeks ago, I had an eBay auction going but it closed with no bidders. Anyway, I got an e-mail from someone saying they'd pay me $275 for the item (which was worth only about $150), plus some extra money I had to transfer to a "shipping/clearance agent" (and it would all be paid with a certified cashiers check sent via fedex). I fell for it at first and gave the scammer my address and phone #. Anyway, my suspicions made me do some research and I quickly discovered it was a scam. I stopped all communication with the scammer and haven't received any e-mail from him in a week so I assumed he gave up on me. But today I received an email from the scammer wondering of I got his check yet. I haven't, but I assume he did really send it and I'll be getting very soon. Anyway, when I get the check, what should I do? Obviously I'm not gonna cash it, but should I report it somewhere, or just put it in a picture frame and hang it on my wall? :wink: Also what should I say to the scammer if he emails or calls me?

Post subject: got the check
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:28 pm 
Well I got the check today in the mail (USPS) for $2000. But now I'm a little confused. The check was issued through Qchex.com and looks like a legitimate check from Fleet Boston. The thing is, the company that sent it is called LonMark International, and as far as I can tell from google it is a real company that does legitimate business. Is this typically what scammers do, or is there something more going on? Help is greatly appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:56 am 
It's a fake there's been a rash of fake usps money order's . Turn over the money order and wright fake on it and put it in a nice little frame . And tell every one you know about this scam . When the scammer email's or call's you tell him that the FBI has it . That they took from you when you tryed to cash it . Act really mad in your email and tell them your sending the email to the fed's . That will most likely stop there email's . Rebel