ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: spencer creek dolls/ candice durgeloh/ barbara durgeloh
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:24 pm 

I contacted this company after finding their true phone number on the internet. They are being impersonated. I believe this is a check cashing scam. I had previously ordered from them on EBay, used PayPal.

Many people including myself prefer to pay for
merchandise with Paypal. European merchants, like the
distribution company that I work for (Agile
Elektronics GmbH) don't have the option of withdrawing
funds from Paypal directly to the company bank
account, therefore their ability of receiving paypal
payments is limited. What I do, as their affiliate
payment processor is quite simple: I am notified when
a customer wants to pay with paypal (the amount and
date of the payment). After the buyer has completed
the payment I have to confirm the receipt so they can
ship the product. I keep 11% of each payment (my
commission) and deposit the rest of the amount
received in to the company account. Of course, you
will keep the entire commission for the period that I
will be away, should be about $400 / week, depending
on the company sales.
If you think you can handle it I can ask Mr. Steinberg
- the manager, to send you full instructions. Please
let me know at your earliest convenience, I want to
settle this before I leave.

Best Regards,

Hello (name), this is Barbara Durgeloh - you recently
made a purchase from me on eBay. I also work as US
affiliate with a German company and I want to take a
vacation for a couple of weeks. I'm writing you
because I need a serious person, with internet access,
to fill in for me until I return. If your schedule
allows you to work one hour a day - weekdays only, for
about one month,and if you could use an extra income
(11% of the transactions) please let me know.

Best Regards, Barbara

Spencer Creek Dolls
351 Three Rivers Drive #261
Kelso, WA 98626
United States

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:02 pm 

You will be sent counterfeit checks and expected to cash them then send the money probably by western union. DONT DO IT! RUN from this one.

Post subject: Spencer Creek Dolls
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:24 pm 
We are Spencer Creek Dolls and this is a dozy. These thieves are using our good name to run this scam. Our email was pWdcld@yahoo and these creeps went so far as to set up an account pVdcld to look legit. They don't use counterfiet check though, they deposit into your bank account using stolen credit cards, have you withdraw and send Western Union, but of course you get to keep part!!!!!! HA After about a week the bank reverses your deposit due to the stolen cards and you are out the money.
We believe they are getting the customer information from ebay somehow but of course ebay doesn't do anything. We are at present trying to get yahoo to shut down thier email site but will probably take an act of Congress..........oops I forgot congress doesn't act much either!! All for now. The "REAL" Candy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:59 pm 

Sounds to me like they are doing a little hacking with ebay or they are most likely doing the phisher scam where they send an email asking for people to verify login and when they do they get account information.

If they are doing this on ebay you can report it to the FBI and ebay as well as safeharbor.

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:01 am 

Someone out there, please help. Someone I had ordered an item from e-Bay a while back, just wrote me an e-mail, and said they are an affiliate for an overseas company, called Agile Elektronics GmbH. The person said they are going on vacation, and that they had recommended me to their overseas manager, to fill in for them until they come back. To make a long story short, this company wants me to open an account with a Wells Fargo Bank, or Bank of America, or just use my Bank of America credit card. The job they described is when customers want to purchase some of their merchandise, they will wire the money to my account. I get to keep 11%, and have to mail the rest of the money to the seller via Western Union. It sound so easy and lucrative, but all my instincts are telling me somthing isn't right with this. Has anyone heard of this company, and their operation? Is it legit, or just a scam? I really wanted to do this, but I don't want to do something illegal, and I sure don't want to get the shaft! The promise of at least an average of $300 or more a week, sure sounds tempting, or, as my husband put it, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" Any one who has heard of this company, or works for them now, please, I beg of you to tell me what you know, either good or bad. Thank you all so much. I am deperate to find out. Geri, Wisconsin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:14 am 

This is a scam your going to be used to more then likely launder money for scammer's . You will be the one arrested and jailed for this . No matter how you look at it you will be heald responsible and you will be the one the police arrest . Now day's many cop's only arrest the easy person to get . And that would be you ..... So run to the hill's run for your life .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:28 am 
RebelX wrote:
This is a scam your going to be used to more then likely launder money for scammer's . You will be the one arrested and jailed for this . No matter how you look at it you will be heald responsible and you will be the one the police arrest . Now day's many cop's only arrest the easy person to get . And that would be you ..... So run to the hill's run for your life .....

This is not money laundering, this is fraud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:10 am 

Money laundering is fraud and a crime . And she will be left to hold the bag .....

Post subject: Agile Elektronics GmbH SCAM!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:45 pm 

Someone tried pretending to be a valued ebay member, and pulling this fast one on me too! Do your research people. As one of you said in this thread, "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is". I notified Ebay about this, so hopefully something will be done about this.

Here are the two fraudulent emails that I received:

[i]Hello Dan, this is Beverly Heagy, you have recently made a purchase from me on Ebay. I also work as the US affiliate of this German company - Agile Electronic GmbH - and I am writing you because I need a reliable Ebay member, with Internet access 24/7, to fill in for me at this job for about five weeks, while I'm on vacation.

If your schedule allows you to work one hour a day - weekdays only, and if you could use some extra income (11% of the transactions) please let me know.

Bev

------------------
My reply (Beverly is a good seller, so I thought this might be ligit. However it isn't actually her, but an impersonator instead. The impersonator went so far as to use her email address as the "username", but a different actual email address, where the domain name was different... ):

Hi Beverly,

That sounds possible. I'd definitely be interested. Could you tell me more about it? With there being so many scams out there, could you provide some sort of assurance otherwise? I'm sure you understand... Also, I definitely have the time and internet access 24/7...

Thanks,

Dan

------------------

Dan,

I am glad to hear from you. Let me just give you some more details so you can understand what my job is about. Many people including myself prefer to pay for merchandise with local bank transfer. European merchants, like the distribution company that I work for (Agile Elektronics GmbH - here you have their site http://agile-electronic.com/impressum.htm) cannot open their own bank account in the U.S. and they use an affiliate partner to process payments made by customers in the United States.
What I do, as their affiliate payment processor is quite simple: I am notified when a customer wants to pay with bank transfer - inside the US (the amount and date of the payment). After the buyer has completed the payment to my bank account I have to confirm the receipt so they can ship the product. I keep 11% of each payment (my commission) and send them the remaining via Western Union.
Of course, you will keep the entire commission for the period that I will be away, should be about $300 / week, depending on the company sales. I can understand your concern about scams, however the assurance is the commision you keep for yourself before sending the rest of the money, I guess that should do it.
Anyway, if you think you can handle it I can ask Mr. Schneider - the manager, to send you full instructions. Please let me know at your earliest convenience, I want to settle this before I leave.

Bev[/i][i]

----------------------------

I think I may f*ck with them a little, just to be a pain in their a**!!!

Dan[/i]