ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PHOTOS OF FAKE CASHIERS CHECK!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:25 am 
I HAVE POSTED TWO PHOTOS OF VARIOUS CHECKS RECEIVED FOR PAYMENT FOR GOODS OVER INTERNET CLASSIFIEDS AND E-BAY. THEY ARE ALL FAKE. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED E-MAILS AND SEE HOW THEY WORK THE SCAM. THIS IS CRUIAL INFORMATION AND THESE ARE CRUCIAL IMAGES. PLEASE BEWARE OF THE "WEST AFRICA SCAM" OR "NIGERIAN SCAM" INBOX: Email 5 of 573

From: D smith <da_101104@yahoo.com> [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
To: gvanderslice@comcast.net
Subject: Re: 3M M-79 24 Track 2'' Tape Recorder ................ 3000 (shipment and payment)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:39:44 +0000

YES, THE CHECK IS FROM MY CLIENT I TOLD YOU ABOUT, I WANT YOU TO GET IT CASHED AT THE CHECK CASHING POINT I SENT TO YOU PREVIOUSLY, YOU CAN ALSO TAKE IT TO A CHECK PLACE YOU KNOW TODAY.

WHEN YOU GET IT CASHED YOU SHOULD SEND THE RESIDUAL MONEY TO THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW.

Tope Smith
14 adeniyi jones
Ikeja
Lagos
Nigeria.

Get back to me with the information you use to send the money through
the western union money transfer. send it as below.

Sender's name .........
Sender's address .........
amount you send ..........
MCTN Number .........
Text Question .........
Text Answer ............

GET BACK TO ME LATER IN THE DAY .

gvanderslice@comcast.net wrote:
I have received two checks for $2500 each from Scott Terriberry,. Is this you? They are issued by the Redwood Credit Union. Checks are numbered 9010 and 9011. Please let me know immediately.
Thanks

-------------- Original message --------------

Hello,
i will like to inform you that you will receive the check by wednesday 27th of april.
as soon as you receive the check get me informed immediatly.note when you receive the
check take it to CHECK CASHING SERVICE IN YOUR AREA AND GET IT CASHED.
check cashing service address below in your area.

Cash It Here Inc
2100 West 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057 .
OR

Cash in A Flash
2500 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90057 .

TAKE THE CHECK TO ANY OF THE TWO ADDRESS AND GET IT CASHED.

NOTE:- MY CLIENT SAID THE CHECK NUMBER IS ( 9007 )

I WILL FORWARD MY INFORMATION TO YOU SO THAT YOU CAN SEND ME MY BALANCE AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CHECK CASHED.

I have already given you my address and the amount to be sent. I will not accept cashiers checks from Chevy Chase Bank. Please send the money ASAP as I have other offers pending.
Thanks,
Grant

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,Like i said earlier i am based in the Western africa .there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company. As regards payment,this is what i am going to do.I have a client in the US who is owing me $5,000 i would instruct him to makeout a certified check to you in that amount and as soon as it clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my balance,i will be using part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses because i have some other goods to pickup in the state.you will then send my balance by via western union money transfer.Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance. So i would like you to deduct the western union charges from my balance.So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full contact name get back to me with your contact phone # so that i can instruct my client to issued the cheque to you.Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion..i will be trusting in this business transaction. get back to me.
Regards .

Sure, you can mail me a money order or cashiers check for $3000 and I'll tell you when and where to pick it up after the check clears in 5 days. But if I suspect the check is counterfeit, I'll be keeping the machine. My address is G. Vanderslice
2205 West 6th St. Apt. 506 Los Angeles CA 90057.
Thanks!
Grant

Hello,
I saw your advert on the web,i am interested in
buying your(3M M-79 24 Track 2'' Tape Recorder ) am based in west africa.
My shipping broker will be coming for the pickup
after payment as been made.
i am willing to pay $3000
Get back to me if my offer is ok by you.
Have a nice day.
Regards

[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:44 am 
ok, where are photos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:54 pm 

Please be aware that repeatedly accepting checks from scammers can also wind you up in jail. Stop signing for them and keep yourself free.

Post subject: Tope Smith
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:50 pm 
Yes, this person is a real scammer,I am out $2500,could have been out
$5500 but I held out alittle longer.You know his story send the remaining balance and a shipper will come out to pick up car and he needs the money for shipping to Nigeria. Well the Cashier Check was from Bank of America and they tell me 19 days later after funds were Valid that He stopped payment on the Check.How can you stop payment on a Cashiers Check?
Well anyway,I feel like an Idiot,Had to call Attornet General,Local Police
Secret service, I had to fill out all kinds of compaints and I still am out the Money.
Tope Smith
96 Omole Sreet
Ikeja,Lagos
Nigeria 23401
smithstylez@yahoo.com

The bank makes me feel like a Criminal,cashing a Counterfiet check for $5500. There should be something we can do.
Any help from the Mods here would be Thankful to us.
email me at uthemanj@bellsouth.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:23 pm 
Was the check stopped (indicating it wasn't counterfeit), or was it in fact counterfeit?

Post subject: Cahiers Check
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:00 pm 
Maninthestreet wrote:
Was the check stopped (indicating it wasn't counterfeit), or was it in fact counterfeit?

For whatever its worth,the Bank has said stopped Payment.Do not know if money was available.The Checks are just printed with your name and address on it as it was made out to you.Cashiers Check,but No Money Value.Sounds Counterfiet to me. Banking Centers all over are approving and Authorizing Payment and making the Consumer pay for thier mistakes.

Need any suggestions or Help in this.
Thanks

Post subject: I was almost scammed by this person, too
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:02 am 
If I hadn't googled "tope smith" and come across this very informative posting, I would've been scammed. Thanks for putting the info out there. This person (or these people) is/are definitely still at it. thanks again. bz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:38 pm 

If it was a cashiers check marked stopped payment, it could have been stolen or the number could have been used before in a scam and stop payment was placed on that number from that bank.

http://www.bankersonline.com or http://www.fraudaid.com you can go to either place and look up the issuing banks name and see if that particular number on a money order has been listed as lost, stolen or used in a scam.

Post subject: scammed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:25 pm 
I Have been on this Mission to find out what I can Do to Stop the Bank to put a Red Mark against my Home and Credit.I have been on the Telephone Listening,Talking and getting No answers or Info.
Yes I know I was SCAMMED NOW,But what can I do?? :oops:
Attnry Gen., Computroller of Currency,Consumer Affairs,USSS. the list goes on.My question is,,,,,,? If the check was made out to a person and it was taken to a Financial Institution and was Validated! how could I be responsible for the Amount? Cashiers Check/Money Order/Wire transfer are the same,money was aloted for the Amount sent. Does anyone have Info on how to Present case to Small Claims Court againt Bank/Tellers.
Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks .
:( :(

Post subject: Scammed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:34 pm 
Thanks Karyn for the Info!!

I am really not Understanding this to Good,I KNow its for REAL now!
Western Union Fraud Division told mr that I need A Law Enforcement Agency to subpena Them and they will File a Claim.I cant get anyone of the Agencies to Cooperate ,but sending me in a Different direction or another Telephone number to call.

I feel that I am the Criminal now! They have my Soc. sec. # my address,and they want me to pay them, Need Help!!? :oops:
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:09 pm 

Unfortunately you did spend the money that they fronted you, wrong or right doesnt matter you ARE responsible for that money. The best thing to keep this from getting ugly is to make a payment arrangement with your bank and stick to it until the debt is paid.

Unfortunately there is little to nothing that you can do to stop the bank from reporting this to your credit bureau report or the banking systems like chexsytems. The fact is that you deposited a check that was not good and you took the money that they in good faith fronted you and spent it. In the eyes of the bank YOU are responsible and they have a right to report it and tarnish your name.

That is the nature of this beast and it is not pleasant. I know I have been there done that and still suffer for it and I didnt even lose money to the scammer or a bank, yet still suffer the consequences of this crap.

Post subject: Counterfeit Cashiers Check
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:44 pm 

I have also received a fake check. It was delivered to me from fedex. I have absolutely not spent it. I called the bank that supposedly issued it and found out it was counterfeit. I would like to report it but dont know where to do this. The bank just said sorry and hung up. There must be a way to find these people and really make Them Pay. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:47 pm 

Also, I still have this check and everything that came with it. I tracked it thru fedex and it apparently circled the country before arriving at my house. There were several different names, all im sure fake. Somehow, tho we should be able to find them.