ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paying back the bank
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:47 am 

If some of you don't mind me asking. What are your monthly payments like? I need to get an idea of what mine will be like. I've already payed off over $1,000 because my accounts were frozen last week. I owe a little under $2,900 now.The manager of my bank was real nice and understanding with me when I came in to speak with him last week. I wanted to work out a payment plan at that time but he told me to come back this week to work something out because they had not received the bounced check back yet. Unfortunately the bank manager called in sick all this past week so I didn't get to work anything out yet. Hope the guy gets well soon and I can get this mess taken care of next week. I just want to pay this off and forget it ever happend so I can get on with my life. Click on the link if you want to know what happend to me.

http://www.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36305

I wish I found these web-sites before I got robbed of my hard earned money :cry: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:35 pm 

just keep it realistic, you know how much you bring in and what your bills are like. Dont agree to something that will put you in jeopardy of getting into trouble paying for the necessities like rent , food , electric etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:27 pm 

You're lucky you have the money to pay it. I dont, no source of income, no job, so I cant get a loan. Absolutely no way to pay it.

Jessica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:05 am 
I owe my bank over 11k and i refuse to pay it, it was their fault as well i feel.

Post subject: I completely agree
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:42 am 
I agree and feel the same way about my bank! I contacted the better business bureau, it is a banks responsibility to KNOW these things>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:19 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Before we came to the out of court settlement with our bank, our monthly payments were supposed to be just over $800 a month. :roll:

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: paying back the bank
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:43 pm 
Mine is only 50 dollars a month cause i dont have any income my boyfriend does and they understand that so that is what makes it good its going to take me 5 yrs like this. I still have 280 in the bank over this check so i dont know when i can get to draw that out.

Kathy

Post subject: The same thing happened to me...
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:51 pm 
I had never heard of such a scam either. I sold my car on AutoTrader.com. The buyer said he was in Canada, but had an agent in the Texas area, where I am located. We agreed on $33,000. The buyer then had his "agent" send me a Cashier's Check for $40,000 and I was to wire the agent the other $7000 for shipping fees. The bank said the check was "Good" and made funds available the next day. Therefore, I thought the check was legitimate. Here I am 14 days later and just this morning the check came back. I reported my story to Internet Crimes/ Fraud, Western Union Fraud Dept., the local police and the FBI...but it boils down to the same answer-- WE are ultimately responsible. You should consider yourself lucky...my account is $27,000 in the negative!

Post subject: who is responsible
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:41 pm 

I disagree with the consumer being totally responsible, especially in my case, I called the bank and asked if it has cleared and is ok because I do not know the person. The bank customer service said yes your fine to withdraw funds. If I had known it takes a longer period of time to determine if money order is valid, then I should have been told that and yes its ok, take the money out. I have filed and attorney general complaint and I received a letter yesterday, that they have forwarded my case on to a Federal agency. I think you should not just accept that you have to pay something like that. I think you should exhaust all avenues before you except liability. My point also is why is the bank not trying to collect or persecute the con artist? That is also unfair practice to a fraud victim. I also have no extra money left over each month to pay the bank, I am struggling as is to catch up on the bills I owe after they bounced my checks and took all my money. I have already consulted an attorney regarding bankruptcy. Personally I think there needs to be some reform in our current legal system regarding this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:14 am 
Indy , The reason that law inforcement is not persecuteing the con artist is there not in this country or a country that will do anything about this fraud . There out of the reach of our law ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:40 am 

The US Govt can only step in where allowed and only then with means that are allowable. In the case of Nigeria the US is not allowed to just go in arrest someone and bring them here to justice. Those powers are only a dream not reality.

Post subject: Scammer Info
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm 
purchaser was Micheal Cole email mike_cole01@yahoo.com
money was western union to two parties in nigera I still have the pup they bought from me for 400.00 and I owe my bank 4800.00.

Toye Benso re:Globbal Shipping
72 Bank Anthony Way
Lagos, Niogeria (234)802-358-1851

Tola Smith
99 opebi rd
Lagos, nigera

Post subject: Bank have been issued warnings by the FDIC
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:46 pm 
I was allowed by my bank whom I trust with my money and their experitzzzzzzz to cash the cashiers check they let me within 12 hours of depositing the check. The FDIC has issued warnings to the banks to hold these checks up to 48 hrs. They are covering themselves. I cant pay them back either. How nice of the bank to put you nice people on a payment plan. How nice of them to protect you. Would you have thanked them for holding the check. I would have. Usually we hear about policy. where is the policy here. To bad you dumb consumers if you are frauded. Why do we use banks. Because they tell us we can trust them. The banks have to start taking responibility here.
my email horan4@hotmail.com

Post subject: I am getting an attorney
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:51 pm 
I am getting an attorney, will post to let you know the outcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:26 pm 

AlexFolino04 wrote:
I owe my bank over 11k and i refuse to pay it, it was their fault as well i feel.

I realize that you feel this way but here is how I want you to look at this situation.
1. You did take the check to the bank
2. They gave you money allbeit without proper verification for that check.
3. You spent that money that they gave to you in your account for that check.

Right or wrong on the banks part they see it that you owe them the money. Short of laying out a ton of money on a lawyer to fight it, you are stuck paying back what YOU spent.

The flip side of this coin could get VERY nasty, the bank could choose to have you arrested and charged with utterance of a forged instrument, counterfeiting or Grand Theft all of which a jury who does not understand these crimes could put you away for many years on.

I wont tell you what to do, but I can lay caution to the wind to watch it when ticking off the bank. 11k is a heck of a lot of money to lose and you betcha they will recoup it one way or another.