ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Textbook Scam Email Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:11 am 
I'm submitting the following email thread in the hopes that it will help others avoid having this scam run on them... As you can see, I avoided the scam by using a rather agressive stance, which surprise surprise has insulted the would be scammer. The thread includes the following:

1. PROPOSAL EMAIL FROM SCAMMER
2. MY RESPONSE TO THE PROPOSAL
3. SCAMMER'S LAST RESPONSE

I don't expect I'll hear another thing from this guy and if I do, it'll probably be to tell me his client is no longer interested...

----- PROPOSAL EMAIL FROM SCAMMER ------

Hello Robert,
Thanks for your patience and co-operation.I am happy to inform you that we have concluded with our client today being Tuesday(15/03/05) and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction,he said that I should inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of ($20,220USD) which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.

Due to the company's policy this check has to be made out in this amount to you because the company's policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check,so you are required to deduct cost of your vehicle ($11,800USD) when payment gets to you and refund balance ($8,420) to my customer's shipping agent via money gram transfer for him to be able to offset shipping charges.

After payment has reached you and balance sent back to him,our agent will come for the pick up and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer,while title papers and other necessary documents will be sent by you via courier service to my customer.

ATTENTION;

MY CLIENT JUST INSTRUCTED THAT YOU SHOULD NOT PREPARE ANY PAPER WORK UNTIL THE PICK UP AGENT ARRIVES AT YOUR LOCATION WITH SOMEONE WHO IS GOING TO TEST DRIVE THE VEHICLE AND VALUE THE CONDITIONS OF THE VEHICLE..SO AFTER THEN THE PICKUP AGENT WILL GIVE HIM A CALL ON THE CONDITIONS OF THE VEHICLE SO THAT HE WILL GIVE HIM A GO AHEAD ORDER TO SIGN ON HIS BEHALF..

PICKUP ARRANGEMENT;

PLS MY CLIENT IS MAKING THE NECESSARY ARRANGEMENTS WITH SOME SHIPPING AGENTS IN CANADA REGARDING THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT OF THE CAR BUT HE ADVISED THAT AS SOON AS HE FINISHES THE ARRANGEMENT THAT HE WILL INFORM ME ON THE PARTICULAR SHIPPER(i.e the shipping agent's information) WHO IS GOING TO ARRANGE FOR THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT.

Please Confirm this whole arrangement and provide Legal Name,Full Address with zip code and Phone Number for check payment to be delivered to you via fedex courier .

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
SINCERELY YOURS,
JEFFREY SAND,(For Management).
PH# ............+44-7040106512.

----- MY RESPONSE TO THE PROPOSAL -----

Jeffrey,

Given the numerous cashier's check scams, I hope you can understand
that I'm going to need to be thorough in investigating the
authenticity of this proposed arrangement.

I'm going to need the bank name and your client's name to verify the
cashier's check and funds. Could you send me a scanned image of the
check, so I can verify the information on it before you send it? If
the bank does not have a branch in the Los Angeles area, I'll need to
have my bank put a Reg. CC exception hold in order to verify the
check. If I need to put a Reg. CC exception hold, it could take up to
11 business days for the bank to investigate the authenicity of the
check.

As a dealer, I'm sure you've dealt with other people in the United
States. Please provide the contact information for several of them, so
I can confirm who you are and that past transactions have indeed run
smoothly.

BTW, if I don't hear from you, I'm going to assume this is a scam and
report you with all of your contact information to the scamchecker.com
website and other online authorities investigatng this type of scam.

Your proposal is exactly like scams being reported by people all over
the Internet and I hope you understand my caution and concern

Thanks,
Robert

----- SCAMMER'S LAST RESPONSE -----

Hello Robert,

I feel slighted by your insinuation and i am only proceeding with this transaction because i am mature enough to disregard some utterances. I will notify my client on your proposal and get back to you immediately but i ask you to try and conduct your business with fellow men with some ethics.It is not everyone that is after your money.So expect my mail soon.

Jeffrey Sand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:59 am 

They get so defensive when they know they have been caught! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:24 am 

wanna really ticke em off write in about 72 pt RED lettering FRAUDSTER!! and let the whole email response be at that. Man that word strikes a cord with them big time.

Post subject: Another scam example...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:59 pm 
Seems like the only people shopping online for cars are scammers... Here's another proposal I got:

write to inform you that your price of $11,800.00 has been accepted for the car and i hope the engine is serviced and oil changed too.However,my client made out a US certified cashiers check before he travelled to japan on a business trip,for a previous vehicle and its shipment charges etc,but it was unfortunately sold.The amount on the check he deposited for the vehicle before he left is bigger than what should be paid to you now, so the check is now meant for the total expenses which includes the purchase of your vehicle,the pickup of the vehicle from its present location and the shipping charges/other necessary shipping arrangements.So we want to know if we shall carry on with that.I will get back to you as soon as i conclude issues with him.Please get back to us as soon as you recieve this.

----- END -----

I sent him the same repsonse as my first one and he wrote the following back:

please if that will make you to undersand that i'm not amoung them i will do that for you provide that you've accepted my offer.

----- END -----

I'm sure I won't hear from him again... Seems like they like to use Yahoo email addresses.

Post subject: A third scammer surfaces...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:02 pm 
Another... From a Yahoo address again, that's 3 for 3...

Thank you for writing back and i want you to know that my client is happy to know that the car is in a purchase condition, and he is waiting to get the picture to confirm to he that the car is really in a good condition.
Also for us to be able to make head way, i will like to know if a CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHECK is preferable by you to enable him make payment. As for the shipment, i have my prepaid agent out there who will come to sign all necessary document if there is any and collect the car as well as the title. These agents will contact you as soon as payment is made on when they will come pick up the car, but it will depend on your location to enable me appoint one close to you.
Please do try to send us the picture as well as letting me know the method of payment that is acceptable by you to enable him make out payment for the car. looking forward to completing this transaction with you.

----- END -----

Sent him the same response, I'm sure the reply will be similar to the last ones...

Post subject: Another one - Car purchase response...
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:00 pm 
Is this something to believe!?

==============================
From a yahoo email id:

Greetings..............,
Thanks for your swift response and PICTURES ARE VERY GREAT!!!

Attention; Please be advise that the vehicle will be shipped to CANADA because my client's son is the one who is going to make use of it over there and not here in England.

I am a procurement agent here in England.

PLS CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING ..........BELOW.
THE PRICE IS FIRM AT $11,500 Usd .

Any accident history ........?
Are you the first owner of the Vehicle.........?
I hope all the documents are complete...........?
What is the Vehicle Identification Number or Chassis Number...................?

Note: My client takes care of the shipping, handling bills and my commission.

Looking forward to doing a successful business with you nicely!

Regards..

HENRY SCOTT
DOLPHIN IMPORT EXPORT LTD,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:48 pm 

Chance-
This is a scam eamil, the wording has scam all over it. And remember they have cars in these parts of the world, the shipping charges are outrageous! My guess is the check will be more than your asking price, they will ask you to wire the excess funds back to them. You could have some fun and answer his questions, Any accident history- Yes just last week it was totaled, 10th owner, documents are false, 419419419.... I am kidding, these are dangerous criminals, but I gave myself a chuckle!! RUN AWAY FROM THIS! Sell it in the US for cash!

Post subject: Re: Another one - Car purchase response...
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:15 am 

Chance wrote:
Is this something to believe!?

==============================
From a yahoo email id:

Greetings..............,
Thanks for your swift response and PICTURES ARE VERY GREAT!!!

Attention; Please be advise that the vehicle will be shipped to CANADA because my client's son is the one who is going to make use of it over there and not here in England.

I am a procurement clue #1 these creeps think they are either a barraster, banker, procurement agent or other cooked up titles that sound what they consider professional -agent here in England.

PLS CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING ..........BELOW.
THE PRICE IS FIRM AT $11,500 Usd .

Any accident history ........?
Are you the first owner of the Vehicle.........?
I hope all the documents are complete...........?
What is the Vehicle Identification Number or Chassis Number...................? looks like crepo did some homework on car lingo.

Note: My client takes care of the shipping, handling bills and my commission.

Looking forward to doing a successful business with you nicely!

Regards..

HENRY SCOTT 2 first names for a full name how original.
DOLPHIN IMPORT EXPORT LTD,

Post subject: Here we go again...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:41 pm 
Hello

I got your mail and sorry for the mistake, the price is accepted[6,500euros].
However,you have to give us sometime to contact our client on phone,we have been trying his line for sometime now i believe it's switched off, He is presently in [singapore ] on a visit.

The amount in the check he deposited for the order is bigger than what should be paid to you, though it's meant or the total expenses which includes the purchase, the pick up and the shipping bills.

So we want to know if we shall carry on with that or if he will make arragement for another check ASAP.

I will get back to you as soon as i conclude issues with him.

Please get back to us as soon as you recieve this.

Thanks and God bless.
Douglas...

douglas_boat01@yahoo.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:32 pm 

Mess with the freak a bit. If they can play psycho tricks then so can you muahahahaha. BUT go on over to 419eater.com first and learn how to safely mess with them. There are precautions to take before baiting these people.

Post subject: Scam by "Dolphin Import Export Ltd.""
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:13 pm 
I have received similar correspondance related to the sale of my motorhome. I am convinced that this is a scam also. Compare the wording with the other messages posted. (Their e-mail address is l_smithautos03@yahoo.co.uk) See below:

Greetings..........Alice,

Thanks for your time , effort and anticipated
cooperation .I got the attachments.The pics are really beautiful. Pls be
advise that the Motorhome will be
going to canada .
Happy to inform you that I have concluded with my
client and he has instructed me to carry on with the
transaction,he said that I should inform you that
payment will get to you in a cashier check of $31,500
which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier
made by my client.
Due to the company's policy this check has to be made
out in this amount to you because the company's policy
only allows a refund payment on one cashier check,so
you are required to deduct cost of your Motorhome
$24,000 when payment gets to you and refund balance
$7,500 to my customer's shipping agent via money gram
transfer for him to be able to offset shipping
charges.
After payment has reached you and balance sent back to
THE PICKUP AGENT ,our agent will come then for the
pick up
and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my
customer,while title papers and other necessary
documents will be sent by you via fedex courier to my
customer.

ATTENTION;
MY CLIENT HAS INSTRUCTED THAT YOU SHOULD NOT PREPARE
ANY PAPER WORKS UNTIL THE PICK UP AGENT ARRIVES AT
YOUR LOCATION WITH SOMEONE WHO IS GOING TO TEST DRIVE
THE Motorhome AND VALUE THE CONDITIONS OF THE
RV..SO AFTER THEN THE PICKUP AGENT WILL
SIGN THE NECESSARY PAPERS ON HIS BEHALF..

PICKUP ARRANGEMENT;
PLS MY CLIENT IS MAKING THE NECESSARY ARRANGEMENTS
WITH SOME SHIPPING AGENT REGARDING THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT
OF THE RV BUT HE ADVISED THAT AS SOON AS HE
FINISHES THE ARRANGEMENT THAT HE WILL INFORM ME ON THE
PARTICULAR SHIPPER(i.e the shipping agent's
information) WHO IS GOING TO ARRANGE FOR THE
PICKUP/SHIPMENT.

Please Confirm this whole arrangement and provide your
Name.................,Address........................
and Phone Number ......................for check
payment to be made out in your name and send to you .
I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND...
Thanks for your time, effort and understanding...

HAVE A NICE DAY.

MANAGEMENT .
DOLPHIN IMPORT EXPORT LTD,67 St Marys Mansions
Maida Avenue
Little Venice
W2 1SY England.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save time, find those important emails with search capabilities for scanning your inbox and folders. Get Yahoo! Mail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:51 pm 

Hi Alice,
Yup it is a scam, anyone that wants you to wire money back to them is a scammer. I am glad you didn't fall for it!

Post subject: Reply to Robert's email of a scam
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:46 pm 
Robert,
I very much wish I had read your posting last week at this time. The email that you posted from the "James Sand" is EXACTLY like the one I received the 1st of July. However, I fell for it and am now out thousands of dollars for being a trusting person. Oh how it has bit me in the behind!!! I certainly hope that others will read your posting and not get caught in this trap!! Beware all you out there. There are sad, horrible, terrible people out there that will take you for all you have got. Oh how I feel like SUCH a fool. Especially after reading all this postings that are EXACTLY, EXACTLY like the email I received regarding my truck.

Post subject: This scammer is still active...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:29 pm 
Hi all,

This scammer (alias "Jeffrey Sands") is still active, though when contacting me he used the name "Albert Anderson" and the address "66 Chiltern Street London W1U 6GH". Same phone number (44-7040106512) as before and basically the same e-mail (although regarding a different car). There were quite a few things that lead me to suspect this was a scam, but this thread confirmed my suspicions. Thanks!

Anonymous

Post subject: Think I am involved in being scammed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:18 pm 
I recieved an e-mail almost identical to the one at the top of this page. I was a little suspicious but after talking to him I felt more comfortable. I went ahead with the deal and was told that a check would be in the mail. It is 2 days past the date when I was supposedly going to recieve a check. I e-mailed him today 8-3-05 and asked why it has not arrived. I am curious as to what his response will be. I have now put a down payment on another car and I am now in a very sticky situation ( NOT HAVING ANY MONEY FOR THE CAR! ). This is very difficult and makes me extremely angry.

Address He Used

ANTHONY SMITH

67 St Marys Mansions
Maida Avenue
Little Venice
W2 1SY England.
44 -7040106512
Fax NO;44-870-1331129

e-mail: smith_autos05@yahoo.co.uk (scamchecker.com had a comment on it)

I only suspected the arrangement when it was all to late, after I found that the address was not registered and that it was used in another instance with someone else's name.
Agghhhhh!
:x