ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:46 am 

Hello all I to have recieved this identical email. We also recieved this email as well and believe it to be from the same person. I replied to both emails but felt strange about them both. The both had a similar look. Both in bold type so we figured they are probably the same person. I actually received this email first then the other in the thread. Since I have replied to the other in email I have not heard back from Jeneca. Here is the other email I received.

Cheers....
Thanks for your prompt response.Your car was wonderfull to be sincere,we are much impressed with the condition of the car and cant wait to see it parked in our garage.
Actually am the wife of Agus Chris .he is my husband for past ten(10)years now,
we are celebrating our safe delivery of our bouncing baby boy.that will took place on august 30th at saint martina parish Ontario Canada.we are happy with your vehicle and we will like to use it on that day.please i will like you to be punctual in this transaction so that i can be able to meet up the time frame.we are running out of time.My husband will be traveling to Brussell for a national assignment by next tomorow,He is a member of Canadalian Bar association,they will stayed about a weeks and some days in Brussel and be coming back by the second week of august,sotherfore i will like you to get back with the following information and question that i will ask below.
1,Is the engine in perfect condition?.
2,How often do you service the car?.
3,How many miles of the car at the moment?.
4,are you the owner before placing it for sale?.
5, If yes, for how long did you use car?.
6,Has the car been involve in auto accident?
7,What about mechanical defulties on the car?
8,Your intension of selling the car?
9,what is your bottom price?
Please this question is from my husband so i will like you to send a
copy of the answer to this following question to his
private box so that he will update you on payment schedule/pickup information.
here is his private box that you will send a copy of the answer to
(agus_chris2005@yahoo.ca )
Please get back immediately with the answer of the following question above.
I await your response.

Below is our home address.
ADDRESS:454 2nd RD E,
Stoney Creek,ontario L8J 2X9.

Below is my work address
23 THRUSH AVENUE ONTARIO K1G 5A3 Canada
Jeneca Christian a fashion designer.
NB.Please dont forget to get back with the answer to me also

Thanks
Mrs Jeneca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:49 am 

As I suspected the email I just posted is apart of the scam from the same group. After replying to the previous post telling Edwards Smith at 67 St Marys Mansions to send the check and I would wait 10 to 14 days for the check clear. I then told him after it cleared I would refund the excess money and release the car. After my response I did not hear back from him. However I did recieve a response from Jeneca the women in the email I just posted. Here is the response.

Good News ,

Thanks for your prompt and positive reply.However, I have informed my husband about your decision on this transaction. He was surpose to be present inorder to view the car, but due to his tight business he couldn't be present now.In other to experdiate this transaction and due to our time frame,we are running out of time so we dont have enough time to negotiate the price but i believe is a little beat better than buying it locally,cause of this reason my husband has accepted your price/offer but we will like you to assure us that the engine is in great condition as well .please we will need your co-operation in this transaction AND YOUR HONESTY. But however, my husband made out a certified cashiers check of (25,000usd) before he travelled to Brussell for a national assignment ,for a previous car and its shipment charges etc,but it was unfortunately sold.The amount on the check he deposited for car is bigger than what should be paid to you now, so the check is now meant for the total expenses which includes the purchase of your car ,the pick up of the car from its present location and the shipping charges/other necessary shipping arrangements. However he has instructed I, to carry on with this transaction.

So you're required to deduct the cost of your car ($16,500)and send the balance of (8,500) to the pick-up agent via western union money transfer to enable him offset shippingcharges/arrangements.once the transaction is concluded, our shipper agent will be coming for the pick up of the car from its present location.so you don't have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements,while title papers and other necessary documents will be sent by you via service courier to us.

Please Confirm this and provide

Name,

Address,

phone number,

For check payment to be delivered to you via

courier service.

Thanks

Mrs Jeneca & Mr Agustinelo

our home address.

ADDRESS:454 2nd RD E,

Stoney Creek,ontario L8J 2X9.

I hope people only read this as well because it is deffinatly from the same group and is a scam.

Post subject: Cashiers check fraud! UPDATE!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:07 pm 

I recently had my car up for sale and have been dealng with a person who gave me the SAME phone number as he gave you when he tried to scam you! You people should be very careful of fake cashiers check scams!

HIS MESSAGE:
Attention: …………… Andrew Glisson ,

Thanks for your mail, time and anticipated cooperation towards this transaction. Pls
be advised that the arrangement seems to be quite understood.

I have forwarded the payment information that you provided to my client and he
assured me that he will instruct the company to make payment in your name tomorrow
being THURSDAY the 18TH Day of AUGUST, 2005.

This will be sent to you after passing through the normal process of clarification.
This may likely take up to 5 working days. The payment will be sent to you via a
Courier service on the last day of the clarification.

NOTE: YOU ARE EXPECTED TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT PACKAGE ON OR BEFORE THURSDAY BEING
THE 25TH DAY OF AUGUST, 2005.VIA A COURIER SERVICE.

SECONDLY ; YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DEDUCT THE TRANSFER FEES FROM THE BALANCE OF THE
FUNDS ($9,380usd) WHICH YOU ARE TO SEND DOWN TO THE AGENT VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY
TRANSFER .

RECONFIRM THE PAYMENT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED FOR PAYMENT

LEGAL NAME…………… Andrew Glisson

ADDRESS…… 1007 N. Graham St.Memphis, TN 38122-2401.u.s.a .

PHONE# .... 901.652.1792

My client informed me that he will scan all the agent information and his own
information and forward them to you via email as soon as the agent is ready for the
pickup of the vehicle.

In order to be a valid agent who is representing my client he or she must provide
the following.

1-Valid International passport.....

2-Valid driver's license.........

3.Valid Work ID Card.......

4-Letter of authorization signed and stamped by my client.

All the above will be scanned and forwarded to you via email by my client as soon as
the agent is ready for the pickup of the VEHICLE. The agent will be signing on
behalf my client where there is need for that as my client advised.

PLS CONSIDER THIS DEAL SEALED AND KEEP THE VEHICLE FOR MY CLIENT.

CONFIRM THIS WHOLE ARRANGEMENT AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS MAIL TODAY SO THAT WE CAN
PROCEED WITH THE TRANSACTION.

Looking forward to concluding this transaction to everyone's satisfaction!

Thanks once again...Have a nice Day!!.

Mr. EDWARDS SMITH

44-7040106512 / Fax NO;44-870-1331129 .

EDWARD SMITH
67 St Marys Mansions
Maida Avenue
Little Venice
W2 1SY England.
+44-7040106512 / Fax NO;44-870-1331129

*END OF MESSAGE*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:55 am 

Got two scams from the following addresses:

carl_c201@yahoo.com
m_gye01@yahoo.com

Both of these people sent the same message asking the same questions with the same mail to address.

The IP address that the person connected to Yahoo webmail (viewable in header info) was the first thing that clued me into searching and I came across this page after searching for the mail address.

[196.207.0.141] by web35301.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP

That IP is in Nigeria!

Well back to trying to sell the car. Although I am going to play with these people for a little bit!

Sid

Post subject: Vacation House rental scam
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:19 pm 

I rent my house by owner online. I recieved an email booking the house for two months, and I was to send the leftover money earmarked for rental car to an agent by Western Union. Luckily, I found the address in England here at this site, that it belonged to a known scammer, and the jig was up. Also, I insisted on speaking with him by phone and the number was for a cell in England that was "not available." The address in Houston Tx was for a Veteran's Hospital--no doctor there by that name (it could be a patient).
The IP address for the computer generating this email is: 195.245.109.74

Here is the contact info for the scammers:

AGENT'S DETAILS: NAME - John Schiff
Contact Address----2002 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
USA.
AGENT'S EMAIL -(jschiff_services@yahoo.com )

Scammer:

MR. COLE SUSSAN.
67 ST MARY'S MANSIONS
MAIDA AVENUE
LITTLE VENICE
W2 1SY ENGLAND.

PLS ANY TIME YOU WANT TO CALL PLS ADD YOUR COUNTRY INTERNATIONAL CODE(011) + MY NUMBER( 447031907206 )

Hope this helps others as I have been helped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:04 pm 

They have now turned their attention to job fraud ads - posting on a bunch of different sites internationally - I responded in May to their ad on that's beijing and was suspcious as seemed very similar to "Star Recording company" also in London - a definite scam - I didn't fall for that one last year after initial emails raised the sending money crap for the "employment contract" and raised my concerns with Dolphin right at start - ultimately was asked to send funds through Western Union to receive my plane ticket to attend from Canada for an interview - after I didn't go for the "visa application" direction.

Of course I told them I knew they were a scam like I suspected at start - got a snotty email back.

There is another company operating under grady fallon recruitment agency - also in London - seems legit on the face of it - but I believe their website is done by same one as Dolphin. They probably are all the same group with different aliases. I'd love to show up at their "offices" in person.

cheers from Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:34 pm 

My husband and I also rent a vacation property on craigslist, and we were contacted a few days ago for a month-long rental. We were suspicious from the start because of the funny language in the first e-mail, and then by the very odd payment terms in the second e-mail. Thank goodness we trusted our gut instinct and did some investigating online. I'm grateful to this forum because some of the text I searched came up almost exactly as you've all posted here.

For the sake of helping others, I'm going to post the text of both messages from "Nathan Yobana".

First message:

Hello,

I have a sponsored client from Canada who wants to spend 30 days in your Place prior to a missionary retreat which they have in the state and will like to stay in your place for the periods he will stay.He is coming with his wife and will like to rent your place from Saturday 30th September arrival date to Monday 30th October departure date .

Please let me know the total cost for this 30 days stay including security deposit,cleaning and other necessary fees or in a situation whereby this whole 30days will not be available consecutively,youre also required to state the periods you have available within this time range and the total amount to be paid.

Please state out clearly all the fees required to be paid for this 30 days stay and also give me the total amount so that your check payment will be delivered to with immediate effect via courier service.

Please note: you are required to state clearly the fees he will be required to pay and sum them all up in total.And remember that the arrival date is 30th September.2006 and departure date is 30th October 2006.

Get back to me with the dates that are free for reservation ,so that we can book reservations for them immediately.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
Nathan.

Here's the second e-mail, which has all the strange payment terms:

Thanks for your assistance so far in this transaction. I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my client, Pastor Jim Robinson and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction. He has further asked me to inform you that this vacation is being sponsored by the church committee members on behalf of him and his wife Mrs Carolyn Robinson.

Already, a cashier's check of { $7,000 } has been mapped by the church committee members to cover his expenses on accommodation and cars they will use during their stay in a hotel whose quality of service according to my client is not up to standard.

Though he has confided in me that the reason for turning down the hotel arrangement earlier made by the church committee members was because of their exorbitant cost of lodging compared with the quality of service they have to render which according to him is not up to standard. Therefore he and his wife decided to rent an apartment and stay for a while since they're not used to using hotels.Besides, he would like to assist some of his colleagues that do not have the privilege of being sponsored on this trip, by providing them with cars which they'll use during their stay with part of his remaining funds.

I have therefore been mandated by my client to forward your payment information to the church for them to make out this payment in your name/business name so that he will be sure that he has been booked for the periods agreed upon.

Pls note, My client explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a christain organisation in support of his accommodation cost and so the church has decided to forward your payment information directly to the sponsors so that they can see where their money is going into.

He also told me that he will be traveling to the states today for an important Evangelical conference meeting they have and would also like to make arrangement with a car hiring company which will provide them with cars that will come pick them up at the airport on their arrival day and also the cars they will use throughout their stay.

PLS NOTE; When you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your service which is { $2,300 } including securoty deposit and cleaning fee and send down the remaining balance of { $4,700} to the car rental company which he's going to contract for their services.

As I mentioned earlier, the accommodation is only for my client, Pastor Jim Robinson and his wife.

Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service.

Please provide the following:
1-LEGAL NAME IN FULL..............
2.CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
3.PHONE NUMBER(S)...........................

I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Nathan.
67 St Mary's Mansions
Maida Avenue Little Venice
W2 Isy England.

You can call me on the following number for any questions you may have, +447031910138 ( add 011 before dialing, that's your country's international phone code).

Good luck everyone!

Post subject: Auto Purchase scam
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:35 pm 

I as those who wrote on this thread received the same email almost exactly the same for the purchase of a car I have for sale. Needless to say with a little research one can determine that it is in fact a scam. I replied asking for a scanned copy of the check and indicated that any funds would have to clear the bank, etc about a 14 day process before I would send heir refund. To date no reply. Beware. TX Ron :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm 

I received a reply to an ad for a house for rent in Florida.
I requested more info (suspecting a scam as the English was less than perfect) - I received back the following ...
-------------------
Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your assistance so far in this transaction. I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my client, Pastor Jim Robinson and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction. He has further asked me to inform you that this vacation is being sponsored by the church committee members on behalf of him and his wife Mrs Carolyn Robinson.

Already, a cashier's check of { $9,300 } has been mapped by the church committee members to cover his expenses on accommodation and cars they will use during their stay in a hotel whose quality of service according to my client is not up to standard.

Though he has confided in me that the reason for turning down the hotel arrangement earlier made by the church committee members was because of their exorbitant cost of lodging compared with the quality of service they have to render which according to him is not up to standard. Therefore he and his wife decided to rent an apartment and stay for a while since they're not used to using hotels.Besides, he would like to assist some of his colleagues that do not have the privilege of being sponsored on this trip, by providing them with cars which they'll use during their stay with part of his remaining funds.

I have therefore been mandated by my client to forward your payment information to the church for them to make out this payment in your name/business name so that he will be sure that he has been booked for the periods agreed upon.

Pls note, My client explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a christain organisation in support of his accommodation cost and so the church has decided to forward your payment information directly to the sponsors so that they can see where their money is going into.

He also told me that he will be traveling to the states today for an important Evangelical conference meeting they have and would also like to make arrangement with a car hiring company which will provide them with cars that will come pick them up at the airport on their arrival day and also the cars they will use throughout their stay.

PLS NOTE; When you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your service which is { $4,000 } and send down the remaining balance of { $5,300 } to the car rental company which he's going to contract for their services.

As I mentioned earlier, the accommodation is only for my client, Pastor Jim Robinson and his wife.

Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service.

Please provide the following:
1-LEGAL NAME IN FULL..............
2.CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
3.PHONE NUMBER(S)...........................

I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Gershon.
67 St Mary's Mansions
Maida Avenue Little Venice
W2 Isy England.

You can call me on the following number for any questions you may have, +447031910138 ( add 011 before dialing, that's your country's international phone code).
------------------END--------------------------

My response was some free advice on travel.

Does anyone know if the phone number being used is a working number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:08 pm 

I was just almost scamed by a person claiming to be trying to secure a vacation rental in Tahoe for a pastor. The scam is the same as the one that user "StephB" got.
The man, by the man of Garshom, was trying to scam me out of 6400 by him mailing me a cashier's check for 14,000 to pay for a 30 day stay at a Tahoe home which would have cot 7700. I reported him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:19 pm 
M_Trigos_Martinez@sjsualu wrote:
I was just almost scamed by a person claiming to be trying to secure a vacation rental in Tahoe for a pastor. The scam is the same as the one that user "StephB" got.
The man, by the man of Garshom, was trying to scam me out of 6400 by him mailing me a cashier's check for 14,000 to pay for a 30 day stay at a Tahoe home which would have cot 7700. I reported him.

Who did you report him to? And what name did you report?