Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fight back.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:11 am 

Hi everyone,
Found this site via a post by a cheque scam victim on 419Eater,
Although I have not been a victim of any type of scam myself, I have very little time for these ****Deleted**Expletives****

I just thought I would drop a note to let any new victims that post here, that something is being done to try to thwart these people in their activities. At the moment wasting their time and giving them the run around is pretty much the extent of it though, as is seems to be up to ordinary people to take the fight to the scammers, to fill the void left buy the authorities.

I had no idea that Banks would treat victims of this fraud as harshly as they seem to be doing, (almost as if they are complicit in this if you ask me!) and I would not hold your breath waiting for a sympathetic Bank manager to start posting here either!

Please once you are over the upset that this has caused you, consider having a go at baiting them back as the more of us that there are the harder it will be for them to succeed, and you may achieve some kind of catharsis in the process, as I think this is going to boil down to a numbers game, they will only give up when they are made to work to hard for their money.

P.S. Good to see a few friendly names here already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:27 pm 

Windy its nice to meet you and welcome to the board. I too am a victim like others here, I have seen the dark side, it isnt just the banks that think they can do as they please, law enforcement in many cases do too, by charging the victim with a crime they did not commit and not investigating the cases properly.

What you all are doing over on 419eater is wonderful , keep up the good work. I have taken my pent up anger and frustration and turned it into massive research and helping other victims with another organization as well as here. Its no longer a matter with me to be upset and victimized , I refuse to allow this to happen to others and will now do all I can to prevent it. Though I do not have time to bait , I do once and a while pop over to get a good laugh, you all are masters in my opinion.

The problem is that by these people whether it be a bank or law enforcement charging a victim with a crime, the bottom line is they are "unwittingly aiding in the furtherance of a crime"- the reason I say this is because when there is a refusal to do due dilligence or a refusal to properly investigate these crimes and come to the REAL truth, the REAL criminal is allowed to roam free, without fear of being apprehended, they are being allowed to continue on with the vary activity that is causing others so much pain and grief and robbing innocent of hard earned money.