ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fraudulent Checks written on coca cola bottling account
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 am 

Beware of a person named John Peters from Toronto Canada and his partner Dr. Andrew Martins. I received a check from Peters which was to be used in his part of a what I now know was a nigerian scam. The first check I received was deposited into my account and after the 10 day hold was released to me. We are talking about a quarter million dollars here on this one check. It looked very authentic with all the bells and whistles, water marks, fingerprints and the Coca Cola Bottling name on the check. I had called to verify and was told it was good by someone who actually did not take the time to even look after hearing it was a coke check. I can't get this check back from my bank now as they say only with a supeona will they give me a copy. Good thing I kept copies of my own. The second check also on a coke check I have in my possession. Now I am working on getting all of my info to someone who will take the matter seriously. Who this is I don't know. But I wanted you all to be aware of this person John Peters who will call you and everything to get you to take this seriously. Just a warning to all even checks that your banker would think are real might not be. The actual return of the check took over a month but my bank after they released the money and pressure from me called to verify and got the fraud information back. If I knew how I would post a copy of this check but am not very computer literate lol.