ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BAnk American
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:04 pm 

I was send cashier's check from Bank American that was to be from San fransico But thankfully I was on this site about another thing and happen to come across the nigerian thing and I check it out. I am sorry for all that did not find this site in time and I hope you all do well. It is not your fault and I feel the bank has a part in this to since THEY are the ones the CLEAR the checks and THEY are the ones that tell you it is in your account. It is not fair and the banks should be hel ACCOUNTABLE but the law I guess protects them in some way.

Mercy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:50 pm 

Mercy I am so glad you didnt get scammed kudos to you. I know it is a very frustrating thing to deal with when the banks are clearly negligent in many cases. Laws are written with too many loopholes in them and the banks know just how to use those holes to get by with this. Until laws are ammended to close those loopholes and force the banks to do the proper procedures to clear checks I hate to say things will never get better. This will have to include holding a bank liable for not doing their jobs right should they persist in practicing like this.

Too often the sad reality is this:

The banks do not do the job they should do properly to make sure a check is fully cleared before crediting an account. This is wrong!

BUT

Reality also exists when someone spends the money that was credited having to pay back the bank what they spent.

So on one hand you have a bank messing up, jumping the gun to credit an account but on the other you have a person depleating what was credited on the instruction of others to send overages back via money wires, or sometimes even blowing off the scammer and spending the money on things the victim needs. Either way the money was spent and has to be paid back.

Because proper protective measures for both parties involved are not present with today's banking laws everyone winds up in a catch 22 situation and its the victim that gets lashed out at first.

Either way the cycle is vicious and very hard to deal with on either side.

Post subject: western union
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:52 am 

I wired $2986.00 to a scammer...before I knew he was one of course. We are trying to have action taken on him...TOLA SMITH...NENTY NDFRIEKE and BILL & ANITA SCOTT. Those were the 3 people named throughout the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:06 pm 

Sweetie I know you want justice but those names I guarantee are not real, these aholes go through telephone directories, and tons of other sources an choose names to assume to use. If they are outside of the USA there is nil chance of anyone hunting them down and bringing them to justice.

You need to concentrate on pulling your butt our of the fire right now with the bank more than anything else and taking care of YOU.

I guarantee the email addresses used are free services with roadblocks in the tracing process you cannot even get much other than where it originated from them, these people are good at playing hide and go seek.

Post subject: but...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:32 pm 

whats funny tho is the people had picked up the money in NY. I have the address of the western union that was used to pick up the money. The FBI says that unfortunatly they will probably get the description of a nigerian man and thats about as far as it will go. But I did not wire the money to Africa...it was picked up right here in NY. So I am hoping that may help a bit...ya know? Cause that means that there is someone here doing the business for them. We are trying everything we can to make sure that this does not go on any further. I would even work with the FBI to send more money just to have them caught when they try to pick up the money. Ya know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:00 pm 

Yes there are gang cells in the United States all over the place, unfortunately they all use fake names, fake IDs and unless they have fingerprints, camera shots and other evidence they wont get caught. You didnt lose enough money for the FBI to take this into interest unfortunately.