ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I almost got Scammed...wow this has never happend to me!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm 

Well today I open my mailbox and go through my mail and I find a check for 3,660.00 im like wow what the heck is this. The check came from a company called Front Line shoppers Research Inc. saying that I had been selected to be a mystery shopper and that i was to get a probation training pay of 300.00 and 110.00 for shopping ( oh and I get to keep the stuff I bought! lol) Required fund to be transfered 3,050.00 western union or Money Gram of course, because I am to evaluate the customer service of Western Union or Money Gram! And then a service charge for 200.00 all totaling to the amount of 3,660.00. Then after I did all this I would be offered a postion making like 550.00 a week doing secret shopping for the company. They even sent me paperwork to fax to them and an Evaluation form for the Buisness they wanted me to "evaluate". They forgot one thing though, they didnt send me the evaluation form for Western Union or Money Gram! lol I really shouldnt be laughing because people who really want so much for something like this to be legit do follow through with it with the best intentions, and I have to admit it did sound inviting to me, and could see how people fall for this stuff. The check is from Bank of Hays in Kays KS, and I did google the bank and it's a legit bank. What can I do to report this so that no one falls prey to this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 am 
Gold Member

old scam that comes up every so often, glad you did not get burnt

Post subject: Rome, Georgia Scam Victim Front Line Shopper
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:29 pm 

Three was an article in our paper about this last week. A man from Rome mailed a small check to these people. The way the scam works is that they counterfeit the person's checks and use them all over the U. S. Beware!