ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mary Morse
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:05 pm 

I also received an e-mail from this person in which I went through the whole interview with Nick. I went through the whole interview but from the begining I knew that a company that uses yahoo.com and the instant messager to interview is not real. Anyway I call the company myself and they told me that the FBI is investigating that problem. I also call the number that Mary Morse left me in which I knew it was a cell phone #. I e-mail them to let them know that the FBI in looking for them and that people are not stupid. They probably have the address and phone # from the resume or giving by one of us, but I think all they try to do is get some money by us cashing these checks and they could get through our bank accounts. My interview was today so I am suppose to start my new job on Monday... let see if they try to contact me. I also call my telephone company and my cell company to make them aware in case they use my number to make phone calls. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER and if you did please reported to the social security office asap. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:29 am 

It's good that you caught on to the yahoo email address. No legitimate company would use a free email service. Most likely what they intend is to send you checks to cash. The checks would clear initially and the money would be released to you and you would be asked to send it to the scammers by Western Union or Moneygram after taking out a percentage for yourself. Later the checks would be discovered to be fake and you would then be required to pay back all the money to the bank. You could also be arrested for check fraud yourself.

Don't accept any more contact with these persons and definitely do contact the social security office to report your number has been compromised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:41 am 
Gold Member

MattNW wrote:
It's good that you caught on to the yahoo email address. No legitimate company would use a free email service. Most likely what they intend is to send you checks to cash. The checks would clear initially and the money would be released to you and you would be asked to send it to the scammers by Western Union or Moneygram after taking out a percentage for yourself. Later the checks would be discovered to be fake and you would then be required to pay back all the money to the bank. You could also be arrested for check fraud yourself.

Don't accept any more contact with these persons and definitely do contact the social security office to report your number has been compromised.

The check never clears, you are given access to the money. There is a major difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:49 am 

Oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:25 am 
Gold Member

no problem, we are just trying to educate people, inside ans outside of the banking industry to not use the term "check has cleared" it is very inaccurate and misleading.