ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FAITH PEDRO TRYING TO SCAM ME ON CRAIG'S LIST
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:03 pm 

I listed two Craftmatic-style beds on Craig's list and within an hour, I had a request for selling one of my beds to Faith Pedro who is a "consultant for Esso" and now is in England. But moving to the US. She said the company will pay for the bed and shipping, and didn't even care about how much it cost to ship. Then she came out with the deal about sending me a check for $3000, and after taking my money out for shipping and the price of the bed, sending the balance to someone else here in the US. So if you get a hit from her, run far and wide.

I did give her my name, address and phone number. But nothing else. Thank God I smelled a rat. :D

I did tell her that the check had to be for the cost of the item and shipping and no more than that. After I sent her that email, she didn't email me back anymore. Guess she knew I sniffed her out!

So beware of FAITH PEDRO on Craig's list .... :twisted:

Post subject: EMAILS FROM HER AND ME TO HER ON THIS SCAM ..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:26 pm 

DOES ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE RE: FAITH PEDRO????

Patricia ,
Thank you soo much for our updates , the items is to be sent to Las Vegas and you do not need to bother yourself about shipping charges , that has already been arrainged for and it will be picked up at anyplace it is , all you need to do is to deduct your $700 fee and send the remaining money through western union to my assistant in Reno , he will be doing all shipping handling .
I will provide you with the tracking number of the package containing payment as soon as i have it .
Thank you and God Bless
Faith

On 11/8/07, Patricia ****** <********@hotmail.com> wrote:
OK, here is the info you need:

Name of seller: Patricia *******
Address: my address and phone number

Amount Due: $700.00 US Dollars for one bed (this does not include shipping which is to be determined once you let me know where it will be shipped.

So please let me know to what city and state the shipment will be delivered. This will allow me to get a more definitive shipping cost.

As soon as I get this information from you, I will then call the manufacturer to get a weight and then I will call a local shipping/freight handler to find out what they will charge to come to crate and ship the bed

As soon as I get all this information regarding the shipping charges, I will then contact you with the total amount.

If you wish you may have your corporate office contact me regarding this transaction and I can deal directly with them. This would relieve you of the stress. And possibly make the transaction easier on both of our parts.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Patricia

----- Original Message -----
To: Patricia G********
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: CRAFTMATIC-STYLE ADJUSTABLE BED(S) - $700

i want to buy one which is CRAFTMATIC-STYLE ADJUSTABLE BED(S) - $700 but i will need to ship it to my place that is why the shipping company will come to u but don't worry about that and i will pay for the shipping bcos my company will pay for it what i wanted to let u know is that just let me hav ur detail and my company will issue the check in ur name with the shipping fee.

On 11/8/07, Patricia ******** < ********@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear Faith,

Are you wanting to buy both twin beds? Remember that they are beds that will allow raising the head and foot of the bed via remote control. Not regular twin beds. But they look like regular pieces of furniture so will work well in any setting. Please let me know if you want to buy both pieces of furniture. The payment would be a total of $1400 US dollars. Please do not make the payment for any more than the amount of $1400.

Let me know if you are buying one or both beds so I can send you the information you request. Thank you.

Patricia
To: Patricia *******
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: CRAFTMATIC-STYLE ADJUSTABLE BED(S) - $700

Dear Patricia,

I receive your email,I work for Esso Consultant company, herein london. I am on transfer to state and am in-need of ther furniture since I will be moving into a new apartment inadvertently needing new set of furniture.My company will be handling the payment and at this point i would want you to know that they are ready to send payment on time for non disappointment so that the shipping company will be able to pick it up on time , if this is okay with you i would want you to send me the following details that will be written on the payment and also I will like to know the total amount so that we can make all the steps to paying this in earnest: Full name: mail address (Not P.O BOX): phone number: and cell phone number . We need this because these are pieces of information that will be on the payment,you can view our web site http://www.esso.com. and I would want you to get back to me asap.

Yours faithfully,
Faith Pedro
+447024016705

On 11/6/07, Patricia G***** < ******@hotmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your interest in the beds I have for sale. Each is a Craftmatic-style adjustable bed meaning that the head and foot of the bed are remote controlled to be raised or lowered. They are both in great condition. Nothing wrong with the working at all! They both respond to the remote controls without any problem. There is bedding to go along with each bed, including 2 sets each of bedding that has been used only about 3 weeks. Plus each bed has a 1-1/2 inch memory foam pad that goes under the sheet but on top of the mattress pad. Mattress pads also included. Each bed originally cost $1699 each (plus tax). They are about 6 yrs old, but one has been seldom used as my husband passed away in 2002. I bought them due to the fact that I have heart failure and lung problems and they are great for sleeping in an upright position. And I can also raise the legs to relieve the swelling in my legs. I am moving and want to sell them and will replace them with one queen or double size adjustable bed. Please let me know if you are still interested. I have room for some negotiation on the price. I can say that the beds are well worth the money I am asking...

If you have any other questions, please contact me. I am in San Benito, TX.

Thanks for writing,
Patricia
To: sale-470450201@craigslist.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:54 AM
Subject: CRAFTMATIC-STYLE ADJUSTABLE BED(S) - $700

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslistorg/about/scams.html

Sequel to your advert on the internet where you have a furniture
that is available .I will like to know the present state of the furniture
and to know if it is still available as I am interested in the above-mentioned furniture

I await your response on this.
Ms Faith Pedro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: sale-470450201@craigslist.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:29 pm 

faith.pedro@g-mail.com is her email addy

I emailed ESSO to see if I could verify her employment, but to date, no reply from them. I explained what she was doing and that she claimed to be employed as a consultant with them, but I doubt she is. Would love to get a reply from them .... would add fuel to fire when I report her to officials as potential scam artist...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:42 pm 
Gold Member

Where you at in the Valley?

Post subject: LOWER RIO GRANDE VALLEY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:14 pm 

San Benito... where are you???

Post subject: GOT ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM HER TODAY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:19 pm 

She still wants to do business. I am just letting it hang on. Asked her when I can expect payment. Once I know that, I will watch for it and take it straight to the FBI in Brownsville. I want this woman or whoever it is to be caught. Someone has to get these folks off the sphere of fleecing the innocent folks. My daddy didn't raise no fool!!! He was a PI and I worked with him during high school.

Patricia

Post subject: Re: GOT ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM HER TODAY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:23 am 
Gold Member

RGValleyGal wrote:
She still wants to do business. I am just letting it hang on. Asked her when I can expect payment. Once I know that, I will watch for it and take it straight to the FBI in Brownsville. I want this woman or whoever it is to be caught. Someone has to get these folks off the sphere of fleecing the innocent folks. My daddy didn't raise no fool!!! He was a PI and I worked with him during high school.

Patricia

The best way to get these people from ripping people off is having an informed country that can spot the fraud before it is to late. If the scammers don't have anyone to scam then they will stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:08 am 
Gold Member

Working in Brownsville, live in Edinburg.....

I do quite a bit with bank fraud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:10 am 
Gold Member

I would venture to say the FBI in Brownsville will not even accept the financial instruments, just inform you to destroy them.

Seen it many times

Post subject: Re: GOT ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM HER TODAY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:35 pm 

russellj84 wrote:
The best way to get these people from ripping people off is having an informed country that can spot the fraud before it is to late. If the scammers don't have anyone to scam then they will stop.

Exactly! Not long ago I was talking to a police officer and mentioned baiting and 419 scams and he didn't know anything about them. When even the cops are ignorant is it any surprise so many people get caught up in the scams?

Post subject: FBI REFERED ME TO ANOTHER AGENCY THEY WORK WITH
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:59 pm 

When I called the FBI in San Antonio (Brownsville office was already closed for the day), I was refered to a website to make a complaint about the person scamming me. http://www.icv.gov is the site. There is a spot to file your complaint on there.

BTW, I have the hot little FEDEX letter here with the financial instrument inside. I have not opened it yet. I did notice that it originated in Callifornia and that supposedly her contact here is in Reno and she is in UK. And she was sending it to me. How can it come to me from UK via CA??? LOL .... anyway, I called our local TV channel and they will have their programming person call me in the morning.

Anyway, I haven't opened it .. curious to see what it is/looks like. She mentioned travelers check. Those can be made out to anyone by anyone if lost. Of course, once I endorse it, I will be guilty of theft, I am sure. But I think that this is a group located right here in the USA> Not in Nigeria, Not in the UK ... But right here on our homeland. I hope I can get someone to do some thing about it. I believe putting my complaint on that .gov site might help.

Ok, nuff for me now. Am really hurting.... had a pain treatment today where the doc freezes nerves between the ribs to help control upper abdominal pain coming from my pancreas. But had to let you all know what is up with this scam.

Hugs,
Patricia

BTW -- the FBI said that their threats are not followed thru, they just scare folks so they go thru with cashing the check and passing on the money.

Last edited by RGValleyGal on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FBI REFERED ME TO ANOTHER AGENCY THEY WORK WITH
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:06 pm 
Gold Member

RGValleyGal wrote:
When I called the FBI in San Antonio (Brownsville office was already closed for the day), I was refered to a website to make a complaint about the person scamming me. http://www.icv.gov is the site. There is a spot to file your complaint on there.

BTW, I have the hot little FEDEX letter here with the financial instrument inside. I have not opened it yet. I did notice that it originated in Reno, NV and that supposedly her contact here is in Reno and she is in UK. And she was sending it to me. How can it come to me from UK via RENO???? LOL .... anyway, I called our local TV channel and they will have their programming person call me in the morning.

Anyway, I haven't opened it .. curious to see what it is/looks like. She mentioned travelers check. Those can be made out to anyone by anyone if lost. Of course, once I endorse it, I will be guilty of theft, I am sure. But I think that this is a group located right here in the USA> Not in Nigeria, Not in the UK ... But right here on our homeland. I hope I can get someone to do some thing about it. I believe putting my complaint on that .gov site might help.

Ok, nuff for me now. Am really hurting.... had a pain treatment today where the doc freezes nerves between the ribs to help control upper abdominal pain coming from my pancreas. But had to let you all know what is up with this scam.

Hugs,
Patricia

BTW -- the FBI said that their threats are not followed thru, they just scare folks so they go thru with cashing the check and passing on the money.

I am sure the origination of the scam is from Nigera and they have people in the US helping them. I don't know about any other parts of the country but in WI there are plenty of people from Nigeria and other portions of Africa so how hard would it be to ship scammers here to the US to help out the "cause".

Post subject: ARE THEY NIGERIAN IF IN US??? ....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:19 am 

I suppose they could be Nigerian but the names of the folks here are very much American.... In California and Reno and Las Vegas .. Anyway, waiting to hear from Media here .. still haven't opened the envelope. It is sitting here like a hot potato ... LOL

Just me... :D

Post subject: Re: ARE THEY NIGERIAN IF IN US??? ....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:27 am 
Gold Member

RGValleyGal wrote:
I suppose they could be Nigerian but the names of the folks here are very much American.... In California and Reno and Las Vegas .. Anyway, waiting to hear from Media here .. still haven't opened the envelope. It is sitting here like a hot potato ... LOL

Just me... :D

Those names being used are probably other scam victims. They already have those peoples names, addresses, and phone #'s so why wouldn't they use them especially since they are mailing things so nobody is going to see the people who sent them. It is also possible to pull up names in the phone book and use those addresses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:12 am 
Gold Member

The names on the envelopes could be "transhippers" who think they are working for a legit company.

What channel did you call 4 or 5?

Here is a story on transhippers

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... /1001/NEWS