It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 am 
Gold Member

I did a story on the Brownsville channel 23, NBC, last week on "hot checks"

Post subject: CALLED CHANNEL 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:15 am 

I called ch. 4 as they usually handle such things in a speedy manner. Will call channel 5 tomorrow if no reply from Ch. 4. Surely someone will take up this matter. It is ridiculous that they want this stuff stopped but nobody will take up the task and literally get on the ball and bash these folks right into a local jail!!! I still have the envelope unopened and won't open it till someone takes up the cause. Maybe I should call the Attorney General's office in TX and see what the deal is ... or someone else higher up the chain who can help. I don't understand where our tax money is going to fight white collar crime!!!! Don't they even care???? We get all the warnings to stay safe and steer clear of these scams and when we get into one, nobody helps or cares. Some system we have!!!!
Patricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:40 pm 
Gold Member

I think you will find, that since you lost no money the local TV stations are not too eager to do a story.

Sorry, but that is the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:00 pm 
Gold Member

RGV I sent you a contact at a TV station, check your pms

Post subject: THE C 23 REPORTER
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:23 pm 

Hi,
Got your message re: the reporter in Brownsville.
He is checking to see if they can get out here on Monday. I have a doc appt tomorrow and will be sedated most of day after he is finished with me so tomorrow would not be a good day.
Anyway, will let you know what happens.....

Sometimes I feel like opening the envelope, cashing it and seeing what happens. but don't think with my health problems jail would too good for me.. LOL

Patricia :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:39 pm 
Gold Member

let me know if we can do anything to help ID the bad check

I am officed in Brownsville, the reporter knows how to contact me.

Post subject: RE: Hot Check
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:32 pm 

Will do ... I was told it would be a travelers check but I know darn well that they don't come in the denomination of $3000! Like duh, we aren't all stupid! LOL

I spoke with the guy you refered me to and he will get back with me probably Monday, as tomorrow I won't be in condition for interview as I will be coming out of lite anesthesia for pain treatment. So ...

Will let you know what happens.

The envelope still remains closed ... lol

Patricia

Last edited by RGValleyGal on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: WELL , I WILL BE DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE ....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:53 pm 

Here are two emails I got "interested in my beds for sale:

Actually these are answers to them about how their emails were identical:

Mr Smith,

I feel quite uneasy dealing with you in the purchase of my beds. Your letter is identical to that of Cassandra Liebman. Word for word ...

And that makes me feel that there is something not quite honest or trustworthy in dealing with you or her.

Sincerely,

Here is her letter

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hi!
Let me know if this furniture still available for sales. This will really befit my dad's new home. Let me know ASAP because i only check my mailbox twice a day. Let me know what city you're in so i would be able to determine if you are suitable. This involves a lot of trust and sincerity so if you are not trustworthy please do not bother to email me.

Regards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: sale-470450201@craigslist.org

THIS IS YOUR LETTER TO ME: SEE THEY ARE IDENTICAL!!!!!

----- Original Message -----
To: sale-470450201@craigslist.org
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:09 AM
Subject: CRAFTMATIC-STYLE ADJUSTABLE BED(S) - $700

Hi!
Let me know if this furniture is still available for sales. This will really befit my dad's new home. Let me know ASAP because i only check my mailbox twice a day. Let me know what city you're in so i would be able to determine if you are suitable. This involves a lot of trust and sincerity so if you are not trustworthy please do not bother to email me.

Regards.

MY REPLY TO THE LADY ABOUT HOW HER LETTER MATCHED MR. SMITH'S:

How fitting that your note to me is identical to that of Richard Smith. Are you both purchasing for your "dad's new home"???

I believe that there is a bit of untrustworthiness in your offer and his offer for these beds.

Thanks for your interest, but I feel uneasy dealing with you and also with Mr. Smith!!!!

Sincerely,

Here is the letter from Mr. Smith ....

Hi!
Let me know if this furniture still available for sales. This will really befit my dad's new home. Let me know ASAP because i only check my mailbox twice a day. Let me know what city you're in so i would be able to determine if you are suitable. This involves a lot of trust and sincerity so if you are not trustworthy please do not bother to email me.

Regards.

And here is the letter from Ms. Liebman:

Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:04 AM

** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, worlettk-at-home

Hi!

Regards.

WELL, HE STILL WANTS TO DEAL:

HERE IS HIS LETTER REQUESTING TO DO TRANSACTION:

Sounds Good.
Thanks for the sweet reply. I would have love to come in person for the inspection of them, but due to the nature of my job(tight schedule) i wont be presently chanced to come over but i have a shipper who will handle that and i believe that minor repairs will also be done to them as well but i will handle that when our deal has been settled.I am also in no rush to pick them up till the money has been cleared at your bank..
Concerning the shipment, i will handle the shipment with the support of the company's shippers who will come to your doorstep for the pick up and signing of the necessary documents. So all i need to do now is to aware the company about this transanction so that they can issue you a secured monitored pay-check and send you the check in excess so that you can deduct your money and send the excess to the shippers who is currently in bay area for the pick at your residence after the check has been cleared at your bank .
So try get back to me with following information which will be required from you to issue you your check:

1. Your name( that will be on the check)
2. Contact address (that the check will be posted to) and
3. Valid phone number (in which the company can contact you when your check clears)
Please contact me now...I will await your email asap.

Thanks.

On 11/15/07, Patricia Gonzales <patgonzo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the two beds are still available. The total for two is $1400. I live in San Benito, Texas zip code 78586. If you are still interested in buying them and picking them up, please let me know asap. Thanks for your interest

Patricia
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:09 AM

** More Info: http://www.craigslistorg/about/scams.html

Hi!
Let me know if this furniture is still available for sales. This will really befit my dad's new home. Let me know ASAP because i only check my mailbox twice a day. Let me know what city you're in so i would be able to determine if you are suitable. This involves a lot of trust and sincerity so if you are not trustworthy please do not bother to email me.

Regards.

Dang, they are totally clueless and stupid to post same letter same time on same board...

I need to sleep on all of this.. worn out!!!

Hugs and sweet dreams to all of you all,
Patricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:18 am 
Gold Member

You are going to have 6 of these or something similar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 am 
Gold Member

Boy those look familiar. They could be the American Express ones as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:48 pm 
Gold Member

like these misspelled ones............

Post subject: RUSSELL'S TRAVELERS CHECKS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:48 pm 

Russell,

Did you get one of these scams also? I have heard nothing since I told him I never received the package. You would think that with his $3000 sitting in a FedEx package, he would go nuts thinking they were lost or stolen. If it were me, I would be on the top of the desk at FedEx trying to track them down. Obviously, because they are counterfeit, they have no worries. What is that saying? "Don't worry, be happy, mon!" Guess they really do believe in it!!!!

I still have the pkg waiting on the reporter to get back to me. Even though I didn't lose my shirt and more on this deal, I want to let folks know what to look for and what to see and the news media is the best way to do it. Folks do watch the news!!!!!

Have great weekend.
Patricia

Post subject: Re: RUSSELL'S TRAVELERS CHECKS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:05 pm 
Gold Member

RGValleyGal wrote:
Russell,

Did you get one of these scams also? I have heard nothing since I told him I never received the package. You would think that with his $3000 sitting in a FedEx package, he would go nuts thinking they were lost or stolen. If it were me, I would be on the top of the desk at FedEx trying to track them down. Obviously, because they are counterfeit, they have no worries. What is that saying? "Don't worry, be happy, mon!" Guess they really do believe in it!!!!

I still have the pkg waiting on the reporter to get back to me. Even though I didn't lose my shirt and more on this deal, I want to let folks know what to look for and what to see and the news media is the best way to do it. Folks do watch the news!!!!!

Have great weekend.
Patricia

No I work in retail so I see them after people try to use them to purchase product. I actually found this website searching for info on the American Express ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:07 pm 
Gold Member

reverse wrote:
like these misspelled ones............

Nice. The ones I got where spelt correctly, they actually matched up perfectly with the ones from AMEX except for the dollar amounts. The detective I worked with couldn't even tell they where counterfeit until I pointed out the errors with them.