Are Nigerian Scammers Stupid?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:34 pm
Yes Very 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
SomeWhat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Morons Extreme 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:14 pm 

Tomorrow starts the sheriffs dept wake up calls though, I will start showing them through driving them nuts with reports on every call I get seperately what a nightmare these people are and just how much of a paperwork nightmare it can get to be. Oh and how much they DONT know about what is really going on in the REAL world and how WRONG they were to accuse us falsely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:52 am 
Hi, Long time lurker, never posted.

To get to the point, I am a criminologist working in Australia, working for the Australian Federal police. I investigate the methods, tactics and lengths these scammers will go to extract money.

You appear to be facing one of the more severe and dangerous elements of these scammers. I have been researching this for quite some time, and what often happens when someone goes public about scammers, is that the scammer will forward your personal details to the more "Career criminal" scammers. These are the ones which are dangerous. Often they have counterparts around the world who help induce money out of their victims. They act as cells of greater scam networks.

It appears that you have made a scammer very angry. Whilst he is unlikely to fly 2000 miles to come "rough" you up, he has forwarded your details to everyone he knows in the "industry", most likely saying that you have accepted money up front to perform a business transaction for the "more advanced scammer". This is a common tactic.

The downside to the investigations I have done is that I have seen the following amongst other things in relation to these more career criminals:

-Kidnappings
-Assaults
-Indecent Assaults
-Removal of body parts
-Dismembering
-Murder

Whilst only three people have officially been murdered over "Advance Fee Fraud" scammers, there is close to probably 250 inexplicable, and flimsily related deaths.

Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:35 am 
To be honest, I don't think you will actually have much luck with the authorities. As is what you are saying about the location of these callers is true, then there will be little or no co-operation from the local Africian authorities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:40 am 
I would not be suprised if they have your home address. I would get yourself out of their for your own safety.

I read a story about a mugu who had contacts in the telephone company of a guy in the UK who had backed out of the deal.

Apparently a Nigerian relative who worked for the British Telephone company had tip off the guy's address and he was beaten on his way home from work.

I would take precautions Karyn, as soon as possible, an may god protect you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:30 pm 

you wanna read something ironic. Its very Ironic that on a posting about the stupidity of Nigerian Scammers we get a Federal Authority, and a couple of GUESTS telling Karyn she better watch out.....Very Ironic to me. Another thing is, you dont know if a person really is black, white, Nazi, Crip, or Blood until you actually go see them. As for me if they DID come after me, they would come to the GHETTO wich might as well be Nigeria. Compton, CA? LOL. We bear arms like SLEVELESS SHIRTS. Karyn could be really the wife of a Marine or something.......the bottom line is I am sure this site gets a Zillion hits a day because of the popularity of the Scam now. I also can bet, a mugu's nut sack and a half-penny (i think the penny is worth more) that the meberslist has about 2% of people that visit this site. Some that are mugus.

All I am saying is that Karyn will be carefull. I am Karyns friend, so if something did happen to her ( wich I seriously doubt) eventually we would all find out. Then the GHETTO in me would come out, and they would PAY. What, you dont think that they have mugus in America, trust me they do. So, if something would happen to you Karyn, please dont let them get to you, there would be 4 less mugus in America .

if you cant join 'em
THEN KILL 'EM.

it works for bush.......lol

Post subject: Mugu's arereally upset
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:50 pm 

6 in 24 hrs, one I went psycho on told them I have watchers here with me, to say the least they are pissed that hubby hasnt called them back yet.

Post subject: Yo...Robin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:08 pm 
Gold Member

I have to agree with Robin's observations. Quite "suddenly" all these guests are finding the courage to speak? Why? We have members here that are NOT victims but victim's advocates in the banking industry and in law enforcement...Why lurk when someone might need the knowledge you have to help them through this horrible nightmare?

Like "before" there are suddenly lots of highly irregular posts and post-ers adding to our usual crew. New members who need us are always welcome...don't get me wrong...but most of us HAVE wisened with some of this mess that has happened to us!

txbelle

-- -- Washington Irving

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:22 pm 

Apologies, I am a few of the guest posts

Post subject: Eric
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:20 pm 
Gold Member

The point is not to discourage guests from posting on our site, or to discourage "lurkers" against finding their voices. I am a moderator on this site and do quite a bit of "lurking" myself. I listen. I watch. I communicate with a few of the others on this site on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly I listen and watch and my "participation" is elsewhere in offering assistance to the victims of this crime. See, I was the "pioneer" at being charged with a crime for being a victim of this one...or A pioneer, anyway.

The point Robin made, and quite well, was that the number of guests making comments...and comments that were worded much like "warnings" to some degree with the intent of increasing fear, etc, had exponentially increased over the last two days...coinciding tremendously with Karyn's experience.

Welcome to our midst, Eric...speak well with a good heart.

Txbelle

-- -- Washington Irving

Post subject: The Numbers are climbing
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:52 pm 

Now up to 8 of these creeps calling the house day and night , I keep telling them we are in meetings and will call them back, they are getting a wee bit impatient and some foul mouthed. I only went apeshit on one so far, that one thinks im NUTS to the max a real psych case.

How the heck did they all get our number please someone explain this could it have been circulated by our guy who sent the checks from Atlanta? if so he knew they arrested us for this why would he chance it? NM they are dumb as a rock scratch that last question hahaha

Someone please explain how this works this is getting freaky.

Post subject: Wankers just dont give up
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:29 am 

I have gone hormonal on so many of these wankers today it is not funny hell I am beginning to think Im nutz. LOL they start about 2-4am my time and go til they go to bed for the night.

I think today I will answer the phone: Scam Desk agent Black may I help you? see how they respond to that.

I swear they are persistant lil creeps, but alas we are busy people they will have to keep calling back and leaving messages for us and racking up their phone bills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:32 am 
At least it's the scammers money thats getting spent. :lol: Kind of makes it hard to field the phone calls you want to get though, unless you have caller id.

Post subject: No caller ID
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:34 am 

I cant help it if we are VERY VERY VERY busy people, we are given the messages that is the best the secretary can do LOL. But they are free to call back later if they wish hahahahaha. If nothing else doing this to them will make them lose some of the money they are sucking out of victims.

Post subject: Re: No caller ID
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:40 am 

KarynSolo wrote:
I cant help it if we are VERY VERY VERY busy people, we are given the messages that is the best the secretary can do LOL. But they are free to call back later if they wish hahahahaha. If nothing else doing this to them will make them lose some of the money they are sucking out of victims.

That is the way to handle it!

When they call do they have the unmistakable west african accent? If so your number got pasted on a bathroom wall in Lagos (Ewwwwwwwwww!) or something.

But you have nothing to fear physically these people are cowards and one or two phone calls is about all they will invest. Well, except the really stupid ones who might call more.

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:59 pm 

Last night one called I told them that my phone is bugged and tthat the watchers have them located now.