ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scam In Progress
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:29 am 

I guess I'm lucky to not be gullible. We own a small upscale resort on Isla Mujeres MX. I recently was contacted via Email by a "Cody Proven" who wanted to pay for his friends honeymoon as he missed the wedding by being called up to the gulf war. (The humanitarian stchick! He was a Dr, onboard a Naval ship!)

I have waiting for me, in Cancun by Fed Ex a check for $5000 that I am supposed to deduct my rental charges of $2200 from and forward the rest to a travel agent in NY that will handle the rest of the travel plans, Yeah.......RIGHT!

I am stringing this con along for as long as I can in hopes of getting enough info to hang him. Problem.....not of the sites that purportedly are the legal watchdogs/prosecuters are UP!

I haven't been scammed yet and I don't intend to be, but I would like to nail this SOB. Anybody got any ideas'?

Jim

Post subject: IDEAS???
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:07 pm 

Yeah. Don't lock horns with him! Let the govt. agencies do it, no matter how long it takes for them to notice you or how long after that for them to give a damn.

If you piss him/her/them off, they will target you for revenge, which will include financial attempts and possibly physical violence including deadly force.

Since a fake check is waiting for you, they already have your name and email address. Do they also have your address, phone number, SSN, etc?
Do they know when you are going to pick up the check so they can hire some lowlifes to rob your business and/or home while you are in Cancun?

As Commander Spock says, "Live Long and Prosper!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:24 am 

Well.....The check came. It was a "Cashiers" check drawn on Astoria Federal Savings Bank in Astoria NY. I called the bank and verified that it wa fake as they only issued "Official" checks NOT "Cashiers" checks. I scanned both sides of the check and sent all emails along with the copies of the check to them asking them to take it to the authorities. Hope they do it!!!

The check itself was VERY good. I could have cashed it in a heartbeat. The only weakness was the logo. It appeared to be a scanned image. If I had not been looking for flaws, I never would have caught it.

After ten days I emailed "Cody" and told him I had contacted the FBI and given them all the evidence and suggested the next time he heard a siren, he should hide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 pm 

:idea: OK, so now "Cody" is creating "Official" Astoria Federal Savings Bank checks. and might be taking evasive action from either a REAL or FAKE FBI search.

These creeps learn very quickly from their mistakes. The next potential victim is in his sights!