ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm scared! He is threatening me!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:56 pm 

I recieved an e-mail stating I was qualified for a work-at-home job through Dean Foods Co. I had to download Yahoo!Messenger and IM a NickShepherd21 for my interview. I did and he got my full name and address, saying that my first task was to prove my capability of handling funds. He said he would send me a payment from a client. I was to deduct $500 from it and send the rest to an adress. I recieved a cashier's check from FedEx overnight in the amount of $4,500. I knew it was totally fake. It was poorly photocopied w/ no water mark. I told him that he was a really good scam artist. He said "Don't ever say that again. You don't want to get me upset". So I played along with it. I told him that I didn't have a bank account and we don't have a Citizen's Bank here. He said I could cash it anywhere. I told him that I couldn't cash it because the bank won't let me. He responded with "That's a lie. You better cash it or you will pay. I will send cocain and hard drugs with dead bodies to your house!" I imediately called the cops. They gave me a case number and told me to ignore him. I called the FBI and they transfered me to the local cops (who didn't do anything in the first place). I'm really scared because he knows where I live! What if he gets mad that I didn't send him the money and he retaliates?! I have a 9 month old son and I'm too scared to go to sleep tonight! Do you think he will actually do anything? Someone please help me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:32 pm 

Check your messages.

Post subject: This happened to me, too.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 pm 

We just finished the interview about a half hour ago. It seemed too sudden for someone to hire me on the spot, after a 10 minute IM session, so my wife searched out his IM address and we found this post. He told me a Mr. Thomas would contact me about visiting to sign the hire form.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. We contacted the resume company that posted my resume. Since I haven't officially taken the job, am I in any danger?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:20 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Does he have your actual address? Do not give him this information! If you already have, I would contact the police just to be safe.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Yes, I have
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:32 pm 

They got my information from my resume, they already had my address.

Thank you, I will contact the police.

Post subject: Re: I'm scared! He is threatening me!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 pm 

Please tell me what happened with this guy.
He's still around. I knew it was something I shouldn't get in to.
I'd like to know what happened with this.
I will just not accept the fedex tomorrow. They can take it back.
I don't want nothing to do with this.
Stupid people I'm telling you.
Ok, I do want to know if anything ever happened though.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:56 pm 

To inform everybody. His other email address is
donaldduke90@yahoo.com
This was the email address he sent me the job from nickshepherd21 from.
I have seen a job posted on basejobs.com with the donaldduke90 email address.
How can you stop someone like this?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:54 pm 

mieke wrote:
To inform everybody. His other email address is
donaldduke90@yahoo.com
This was the email address he sent me the job from nickshepherd21 from.
I have seen a job posted on basejobs.com with the donaldduke90 email address.
How can you stop someone like this?

With the current state of world affairs and politics there's nothing you can do to stop this. On the other hand you are most likely safe enough. These scammers are looking for money and they most likely live far away (most often W Africa). Just ignore their emails. If they call you tell them you have reported them to the police and they will most likely leave you alone. If you have given them any financial information you should report this to your bank. They want money. If they are convinced you will not go along with them they will switch to another victim because there's no profit in harassing you.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:54 am 

I agree with the about reply. I don't believe for one minute that you're in danger. This person had all of my personal info too. I told him off and never heard from him again. They've got too much to do scamming people for their money.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 am 

Thank everybody,
You're right, I had not even heard from him to ask what was going on. Off course I made clear the first time I would report him and call the cops. I hope they can not do nothing about threats made. I mean I didn't threaten him, I just told him to better not contact me ever again because I would take action. Can they get you for that?
I'm sorry, I don' t know this stuff, I'm from The Netherlands and I just moved to the USA in 2003 I don't know all the rules and laws yet. Not the specific ones.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:26 am 
Gold Member

mieke wrote:
Thank everybody,
You're right, I had not even heard from him to ask what was going on. Off course I made clear the first time I would report him and call the cops. I hope they can not do nothing about threats made. I mean I didn't threaten him, I just told him to better not contact me ever again because I would take action. Can they get you for that?
I'm sorry, I don' t know this stuff, I'm from The Netherlands and I just moved to the USA in 2003 I don't know all the rules and laws yet. Not the specific ones.

No they can't do anything about you saying you will call the cops. You have nothing to worry about.