ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 am 

Before I even finished reading the "order" form, I can assure you this is definately a scammer. If you receive those checks and decide to deposit them, make sure not to remove "any" of the funds until the "bank" is absolutely sure without a doubt that those checks are good. Tell a customer service rep or manager at the bank your concerns about those checks and have them note it. Just because the bank clears them for use doesnt' mean they won't come back from the original source as counterfeit and that's where you'll end up paying it back. Since you did inform this person that it could take weeks then make sure to take that time to assure they are indeed real. BUT in my experience I'm fairly sure they wont be. They are counting on you to be "tempted" by the large sum, this is where most become victims. My advise would be to turn down the sale after you receive the checks. If they ask why just tell them the bank told you the checks may be counterfeit. At that point stop all correspondance with them and don't reply to any more of their inquiries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:24 am 
That is not effective, I have seen checks returned 90 days later if they are using a bogus routing number. You need to have you bank send the check for "collection", the bank mails the check to the receiving bank and they in turn mail a certified check back to you bank. This is the only way to be sure your check has truly cleared. It will cost you about 25 bucks to send a check for collection.

You could always call the sending bank, tell them you have concerns and speak to their fraud prevention unit. They would be happy to tell if the check is legit, they will even call their customer to make sure the check is good, if it is not a bank check.

BTW your guy is a scammer :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:44 am 

If you present these to the bank you must obtain some written acknowledgement that you are presenting them solely for verification. Under no circumstances should the cheques be entered against your account. Make it quite clear that you have concerns about the authenticity of them.

If you are not happy doing this or the bank will not comply, then trash them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:51 pm 

Quote:
You are right in mentioning earlier that this forum is for "Scam Victims" and since I have not been scammed yet! this was not the right place to post. I tried my best but since I could not find the "Yet to be Scammed" section, I had no choice.

Thanks for urging me to reply to this thread as this will allow my friends to follow up on this case.

This site is also to help "prevent' people from becoming victims. By posting your story here you help those who may Google something similiar to your post and they then get directed to this site because of your post saving them from becoming a victim. So your post is most welcomed here anytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:59 am 

2parkway wrote:
Quote:

Mr Gbeng, you sound like a honest, upright individual and I believe in you, but in this age, it takes more than that to get by. Your checks might be good but some corrupt bank officials might accuse me of fraud and this is what I fear.

I hope that your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek when you wrote that. This guy should is as straight as a snake oil salesman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:23 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

ximora wrote:
Quote:
You are right in mentioning earlier that this forum is for "Scam Victims" and since I have not been scammed yet! this was not the right place to post. I tried my best but since I could not find the "Yet to be Scammed" section, I had no choice.

Thanks for urging me to reply to this thread as this will allow my friends to follow up on this case.

This site is also to help "prevent' people from becoming victims. By posting your story here you help those who may Google something similiar to your post and they then get directed to this site because of your post saving them from becoming a victim. So your post is most welcomed here anytime.

Thank you for pointing that out ximora.

We named the site Scam Victims United because it was started by scam victims as a safe place to talk with other scam victims about their situation. Through this, we have helped to save many people from becoming victims of this scam . . . in the first two years of operation we helped to stop over 2 million dollars from going into the hands of scammers!

The fact that more and more people are finding us BEFORE they become a victim just proves that what we are doing is working, and that there is strength in numbers!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:22 pm 

I´d like to sell a check from Royal Bank of Canada of 446.43 dollars to the order of myself for e-gold.