ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So who do we report a scam, or attempted scam to?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:53 pm 

We listed a treadmill online for sale, and a "buyer" is attempting a scam. It's the usual "I'll send you a check, you take your part and forward the rest to my shipper in London, please forward me the Western Union info when you do". The guy actually supposedly sent the check already, when we decided to "google" some key words because we just "knew" it was off. I'm thankful we didn't fall for it- but who do we report it to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:32 am 
The scamster is more than likely from out of the country, very little you can do. Have your bank verify it is a counterfeit check and turn it over to the bank or call local law enforcement. Not much they can do either.

Post subject: Do you still have the checks?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:33 pm 

I, too, have been scammed but I'm working with the right people to do something about this... would you mind contacting me. I need to find people, "cases" like mine to put together so that my case can be taken further if not the only three cases that have been reported will go "filed" which we all know what that means. Please send me your story! Anyone!!!

I was contacted via email, mailed (fed ex and usps) counterfeit money orders, cashed and verified by Wells Fargo employee, and now my account is overdrawn. And, I Western Unioned the money. Now here I am pennyless and distraught. Luckily, I figured it out before the bank did, if not I would be looking at felony charges, too. Bank is not helping any either.

Please contact me PLEASE Help me get cases together so that we can recover our own money at least.

LET'S DO SOMETHING TOGETHER!!!

If you do please send me copies of the information that you have along with copies of the checks I have the officials attention right now and would like to take advantage please respond... thank you!