ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iam so scared what can i do
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:49 pm 

we had bad moneyproblems. i recieved a email from someone who told me that we could get a loan with very very small repayments. since my husband is very hard to deal with when it is about money i decided to go ahead and do that. that guy ask me for adress place where i work and phonenumber. i was asking him a couple times how we do that with the repayment and he said he will send me a letter with all the details. we are about to loose our house because we couldnt pay the lotrent for three month my daugther was sick and we had horrible high copayments and bills they are very just to high. i got a check from this guy better two checks each 3000 dollars and i printed them out. there was only one check printed why the other didnt i dont know. i wrote this guy back that only one was printed and he said thats ok i just have my client send another one. i took the check to the bank to put it in my bankaccount. we were close to 1000 dollars overdrawn at this time so i just got 2000 out of it. now this guy wrote me he needs money back 300 to 500 for a client who got sick. i just payed my rent off and bills there were open so there is nothing left. i started researching and i came to this site here. iam scared to death what should i do now. if that check really was stolen what happens then. can i contact the person who is on the account to try and make something up with him. does he has to press charges. iam so done right now. i have two little kids and the checks were in my husbands name. he dosent know about a loan. i told him they were from a friend of mine. what should i do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:12 am 

I'm so sorry you became a victim of these cons. This is exactly what these scammers look for are people who are in dire need financially. The money is "gone". The people who scammed you use phoney names, addresses etc so it's virtually impossible to track them down. I hope you didn't send them any money. You'll need to contact your bank and let them know that you think the check sent to you may be fraudulant, they may also help you by setting up a repayment plan. Next go to this link and follow the directions:
http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=585