ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: jp morgan chase bank
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:25 am 

New here and would like to post a topic on JP Morgan Chase bank specifically. I can quote from another site: scammers no the banking laws better than we do, and I suspect they use specific banks that do not give out information. I have recieved a fake cahsiers check from them in the past, which I never even suspected was real. Fortunately for us some scams are blatently obvious. Education is the best defense. I have recently recieved a cashiers check drawn on their bank in payment for an ebay sale. I have every reason to believe the buyer is legit. I tried to contact chase bank to see if I could verify the check. There are no branches in my location. I did contact one branch who said they do not cash checks? After running around bureaucracy at chase online I could not get any info. I think the check was drawn against a credit card account maybe? The buyer is willing to wait and has very good feedback on ebay. I am going to write a letter to chase, and maybe to put a complaint against them. Whether this check is legit or not: THEIR BANKING PRACTICES PROMOTE FRAUD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:35 am 

I had a strange experience that involved the JP Morgan Chase name at least. I received two emails last week saying I needed to update my account information by clicking on the "link" in the email. I hovered over that link and looked down on my tool bar and low and behold that link did not go to any "Chase" sites so these emails were "phishing" for information to use for fraudulant activities. I tried to contact Chase to let them know about these emails but I too could not make any kind of contact with anyone. How could anyone use a business where the contact is basically "unavailable"? That's one of the things I look for is being able to contact a live human being before doing business with them and I will test it to make sure I can indeed reach someone. I'll never use this "bank" simply because I can't reach anyone there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:32 pm 
phishing schemes are rampant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:33 am 

New here as of today! I too have some questions on this bank.
I put a ad in the Kaboo classified and this "Becky Cole" sent me a cashier's check drawn on JPMorgan bank. Now being a cashier, I know what to look for and I saw alot of bad things on the paper:
Thier was no personal signature- John Handcock??
There was no bank letterhead- only a typed address
there was NO water mark on either side - Just the words "original document"
Amount was TYPED in not machine generated in blue
Call to that bank was nonproductive - Better luck finding WMD in Iraq

So I will send it back!