ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: There is a way to distinguish a Counterfeit Check??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:00 pm 

Hello... i'm new to this forum!! and the reason i'm posting this message; is because i need your HELP in something...

I want to know if there is a way to know if a Cashier Check is Counterfeit or not??

Yes, i want to know how i can verify or distinguish a Counterfeit Cashier Check??, I know that distinguish a Counterfeit Cashier Check; it's very Hard, because it's done by professionals... but still there is a way to check if a Cashier Check is Counterfeit or not??

So can Please someone HELP ME with this??, i'm asking this; because i'm going to receive a Cashier Check from someone, but i want to check if this Cashier Check is Good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:05 pm 
You have to call the issuing bank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 am 

Also along with what armac said, make sure that you get the phone number of the bank yourself through calling information for the phone number. Do not get this information from the person who sends you the check. If possible ask them to fax you the confirmation on bank letter head the response so that you will have proof of their answer when you take the check to your bank. Just calling is not enough. I did call to verify the cashiers check that I received and had looked up the phone number myself and because the check was from a large company I believe the person on the phone just heard the name and really didn't even look to see if the check was legit. I didn't end up getting stung by the check only because my bank would not wire the money as they felt it was a scam and when pushed they called to verify the check also. Be very aware of the person who is sending the check to you. If you do not know them personally do not accept the check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 pm 
"I did call to verify the cashiers check that I received and had looked up the phone number myself and because the check was from a large company "

Cashier's checks do not come from "large companies" they come from banks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:45 pm 

Thank you so much; armac and pasttired for responding to my post!! So Cashier Checks can only come from banks?? and Not from elsewhere??

pasttired... the "Confirmation on Bank Letter Head" that you to ask me to ask him; is the Confirmation from the Bank when you made a Cashier Check to someone??

I'm asking for all this questions, because like i say... i'm going to receive a Cashier Check from someone who supposedly want to help me. I was going to assist this person in something, but i was not able to do so. So he found a new partner to assist him, but because it seems that we have become friends; this person wants to give me some money for my efforts to trying to assist him.

Maybe i'm being Naive, but I don't think this is a Scam; because this person is Not asking me for nothing in return (like Money), but he only want to give me this Cashier Check!!

So can someone Scam you with giving you a Counterfeit Cashier Check, but without asking you for money in return??, but what this person will gain from this??

I understand when someone pay for something that he purchase from you with a Counterfiet Cashier Check... but how can someone gain something from you, if they give a Counterfiet Cashier Check to you without buying nothing from you or asking you for something in return??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:31 pm 
It is a scam, why would he give you free money? He will give you the check you will deposit it, he will contact and say"My girlfriend just found out she has cancer, can you please send half the money back. You will Western Union the money back, then the check will come back counterfeit and you will owe the money to the bank.
'

IT IS A SCAM :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:02 pm 

Its a scam ..no doubt about it.
I do a bit of scam baiting and if I annoy the scammer too much (happens quiet a bit :wink: ) they drop me.
If I dont have money to send them they will offer me me a fake check,I keep some and send the rest to them.
Heres a typical mail I get to see if they can get money from me second time round
Quote:
GOOD NEWS

Dear Partner,

I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting the funds transferred to a Swiss Account with the cooperation of an associate from Paraguay who is an international business man. Presently I'm in Paraguay for investment projects with my own share of the
total sum.

Meanwhile, I did not forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring these funds despite that it failed us some how.
Now contact my secretary, her contact is:

Name: Ms. Felicia Eze
Email: fxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Ask her to send you the total US$450.000.00 (Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand US Dollars) which I kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter. I appreciated your efforts at that time very much. So feel free and get in
touched with my secretary Ms. Felicia Eze and instruct her where to send the amount to you.Please do let me know immediately you receive it so that we can share the joy after
all the challenges at that time. In the moment,I am very busy here because of the investment projects which me and the associate are having at hand.

Finally, remember that I had forwarded instruction to my secretary on your behalf to receive that money, so feel free to get in touch with Ms. Felicia Eze,and she will send the amount to you without any delay, and keep me imformed on your progress.

Thanks and best regards,

Peter Ogbogu

(Former Director Of Forex C.B.N.)

I have more imaginary money than I know what to do with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:50 am 

Deep down i suspected that this was a Scam :( because it's was just "too good to be true", and Thank God!! :D that i was able to find this forum in time; because joining this forum... prevent me of being a victim of this people. And i'm very very grateful with the members of here that were kind enough to help me. So THANK YOU... Shamfien, armac, pasttired for helping me!!