ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Webtool cashier check scam-Please advise
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:17 pm 

I think i have just been scammed by a company named webtool. They offered me a position to work for their company. Their company is in France and they needed someone to cash their US customers checks and wire transfer the money. There was a contract and everything. It said it was 100% legit, they were registered with the US business bureau, they did not ask me for any bank account information or social security number. They also claimed it was legal in the US. I have all the email correspondences from them. Well they noticfied me that I was to recieve several checks in different amounts. I only recieved one check for $1270.00.(I'm thankful its only that much.) I followed their instructions. i cashed the check, kept the 10% commission fee promised and wired the rest of the money to them. That was last week Monday. It is a week later, the check for $1270.00 that i cashed was returned today and my checking account was debited the amount of the check. I'm not sure who to report this to or if i'm gonna get in trouble. I am clueless about action I should take. I've read the other posts and they say the secret service and FBI won't even consider this case because the amount is so little. Should I just take this as a learning lesson and do nothing? PLease advise. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:13 pm 
I would file a police report with your local PD, then contact the fraud department at your bank and try to work out a payment plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:34 am 

I was hit by this group or a similar group - re work at home. One check was stolen/bleached/altered and the other one was counterfeit. Bank would take NO responsbility. It seems like the scheme may be in smaller amounts now. Be thankful that your loss is as small as it is. Sorry that you are in this predicament.