ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Someone help me please!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:01 am 

ok look this is what happend, i posted this weight set on the recycler and i was asking for 600 for it and he offered me 1150 so i said yeah sure, he asked me to take my part and send the rest to some guy in nigeria because that guy was doing some business for him there and he was the buyers pick up guy, so i said ok. the cashiers check was for 3400. when i got to the bank i had it cashed. the bank scanned it several times and it didnt come up in the system, so the teller examind the check asked for a managers approval. the manager took a quick glance at it and signed it off. when i got the cash , i took my part and i took the rest of it $2250, and sent it to nigeria, i didnt know about any of this money laundering business until i came across this website. i am scared and i dont want to go to prison. heres the kicker, the bank didnt tell me the check was counterfeit until a few days ago, which in that time i received a second check from this guy offering 3500 for a car i was selling as well. so went ahead and deposited the second cashiers check not knowing that the first one was counterfeit. i thought everything was fine. now i dont know what to do. i was told to lie but then if i go to the cops and this guy tells them i did something else then i could put myself in a compromising position when they find the truth. I have the guys email and a phone number he would call me from. he would constantly call me asking me to hurry and get him the money. i just wanted him to get the stuff and end the transaction. he never came and now i am in serious trouble with the bank, i have 2 months to pay them back. i am scared and i dont want to go to prison, i have never done anything illegal in my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:05 am 

You won't be arrested if that's what you're worried about. Go to the police and tell them what happened. Then you should call the regional manager of the bank and tell them what happened. If they say you owe and they are going to sue after they guaranteed the check, make them take you to court. Get ahold of equifax and the other credit reporting company and fill out their dispute form if this goes on your credit. I am currently going to the settlement conference for pretty much the same reasons. Your bank's the one who's at fault. If they say something like "Well under the Bank Act you are liable." It's a lie. The FDAC to me so and the bank's only have "policies" to follow. File all the complaints you can against your bank because that holds weight in Small Claims court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:43 am 

Balony- my husband and I got arrested. I spent 2 days in jail- he's still in there because I can't afford an attorney for two AND bail!!!