ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Naming Names in posts
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:13 pm 

Recently I was contacted by someone VERY upset because obviously a scammer used his name in a scheme and the victim posted that name in the forum. This Individual happens to be a professor and the post made it appear that he was linked to a scam concerning counterfeit checks all over google. His father also of the same name did not deserve that kind of bad publicity. I removed the name from the affected post.

Please be careful when posting names that you are not giving an innocent party a bad rap.

Scammers will scour the web, phone directories, newspapers, magazines anywhere where there is print to get character names for the schemes they put together. The more popular the person appears to be the more of a target they can become. So please be careful when placing the names that were used in a post.

This does not happen often but when it does out of respect for the innocent party I have to remove the name from the post.

Thanks everyone keep up the good work.

Post subject: just found out i was a victum need help
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:40 am 

i have been a victim of Internet/mail/check fraud. I had placed my car on auto trader.com found a buyer who turned out to be fake, who sent me a cashiers check for 18000.00, 5000.00 to be sent to a shipper, and now i owe the bank 5000.00 plus dollars. As I now am talking to the attorney general, the police, bank reps, etc things don't add up, and there were a few red flags but at the time i could no longer afford to pay for this car and anxious to get rid of it that i just kind of blew it off but then received a cashiers check so i assumed everything was fine. I asked the teller specifically before i did anything with this check if this was OK to cash. She said yes it is guaranteed by the issuing bank. also found out that the USA credit union out of gains-ville Florida was aware that this was happening and did nothing and contacted no one.) So i am in debt to the bank for over 5000.00 and there was someone who knew about it and did nothing. I don't feel as though I should be responsible for this money because if i issued counterfeit checks the people i gave them to wouldn't be responsible, please help. Now that i look back I feel like an idiot, all the signs were there. Now what can they do if i don't pay the bank back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:24 am 

what can they do ? they can:

1- ruin your credit

2-Garnish your wages/Taxes/

3-Put a lean on your house/Land

4-Possibly persue you legally for the Money they are out because you didn't call the issuing bank to verify the check. Instead YOU were trusting enough to trust it's authenticity, & cashed it. The Bank can't be liable, for Your Mistake, & aren't for their not checking it out either. It will be your duty to contact the purchaser, & get the vehicle back, to resell or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:41 pm 

Chance, don't listen to Luisa, who is obviously a bank employee, keep hashing it out with the bank, sometimes they back off and agree to meet you half way or at least come up with a solution that fits you, whether it be an interest free loan, or what not.... if you feel the bank was wrong, then keep fighting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 pm 

my husband and I had the same problem with the bank. we asked the manager and the teller to make sure this check was good. never did they say well we dont know if its a counterfeit for sure... they all kept saying, well if this check wasnt good we wouldnt cash it so we got security in that.. so keep fighting because we plan on fighting also