ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this a scam or not??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:36 am 

I am in the process of selling 6 male rat terrier and 2 female rat terrier puppies over the internet. I have buyers from outside the United States wanting the puppies. They want to send me the excess funds in a cashier's check or money order and then want me to take my part out and then wire the excess funds on to the shipper. One of the names is Mumu Donaldson and they are wanting one male and one female puppy and are sending me my money plus excess fees for shipping. Just today I got an email from a shipper who wants me to send him excess funds for the shipping expense to Nigeria which really raised a red flag after reading about the Nigeria Letter Scam. This shipping company is SEUN MAKINDE FROM SHIPPERS WORLD CLEARING AND FORWARDING(S.W.C.F) and the address he is wanting me to send the excess funds via Western Union is:

NAME : MR SEUN MAKINDE
ADDRESS : 66 VICTORIA GARDEN CITY
CITY : ISLAND
STATE : LAGOS
POST CODE : 23401
Cell Phone Number : +234-802-535-1629

Since I have never received any funds as of yet from Mumu Donald (even though the shipper seems to think I have because he is asking that I wire out funds today), this is mute until, of course, I receive the cashier's check or money order. I emailed the shipper and also Mumu telling them that since they are wanting funds wired to Nigeria I'm afraid that it is a scam and emailed them the print out that one that one of the lawyers in my office printed out and highlighted for me involving internet sales scams.

I also received an email from a Rolland Johnson who is from Canada. He is also wanting one male and female puppy and his shipping company has also contacted me. His shipping company and contact are VICTOR JAMES ALEX, THE MANAGIN DIRECETOR OF VETROLINK CARGO SHIPPING COMPANY.

I have kept all the emails that I have been sent from these people and so far no money has changed hands even though they all know that I am leery about these transactions. I really think that Rolland Johnson is legitimate, but am very suspicious of the Mumu Donald.

Also there are two other people wanting 2 male puppies apiece. One is an Eric Sylvester and the other is a Bill Jeff. So my major question is how do I detemine if these are legitimate business transactions or if I am being scammed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:40 am 
Gold Member

Any business transaction that involves Nigeria is normally a scam - it's recognised by the UN as one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
Note that just because the buyer claims to be in Canada does not mean that is where he is actually located. You can use the mail headers to determine the originating IP address, and then http://www.ripe.net to see whom the IP address is assigned.
Any business transaction that involves over payments and requires you, as the seller, sending money to somone else is normally a scam, and definitely a scam if Western Union/ Moneygram or any other untraceable cash transfer system is involved.

The transaction involving Mum Donald is definitely a scam; Rolland Johnson is probably a scam, but it's too early to say for Eric Sylvester and Bill Jeff. Ask for payments either via Western Union, or cash in hand in person when they come to collect the puppies. No genuine buyer is going to object to paying you cash in person for puppies - people tend to want to see the animal in the flesh before deciding to buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:36 pm 

Bill Jeff------Erik Sylvester---- RED FLAGS these scumbags are highly unoriginal, they take two first names and make a first and last name from it. S.O.P ( Standard of Operation) I would personally not look to any of these offers to be other than a SCAM. Sell your puppies to someone able to come look at them and pay you cash for them. Tell these people that you are a responsible breeder and that you will not sell a puppy to someone that you cannot meet in person, you believe in proper home placement and want to make sure that they are going to a good home. The only way to do that is an in person interview with prospective buyers. After that its first come first served when it comes to CASH.

Post subject: MR. SEUN MAKINDE from NIGERIA!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:22 pm 

Well, I am talking to him right now & he has a profile under a singles website (http://www.blackpeoplemeet.com) Please read it, it is entertaining. I was just asked to got to the Postal office (a good sign that they are not from the US - we do not call them Postal, we call then Post office) & wire him $100 in $1 bills. I said "Are you CRAZY?" he claims he is tuck in AFRICA and needed to go home. It is hilarious. I will keep the IMs-conversation and for thos of you who wants to see it, I will be happy to forward them to you. I googled his name and I told him that his name is under the scammers and he said "Yes, this is me." What a dufus - admitted it. Anyway, watch out everyone. His picture in the website is a very handsome one.