ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i've been scammed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:57 pm 

I was scammed by void computers. I don't blame anyone for my actions. i'm a growned woman i should of known better to look more into this. I cashed 1 check that was fake. I gave the store there money, but i was still arrested and charged for cashing the fake check. The store did not press charges on me. It was the cop who went to the store. There is a bad history between her and my family. But, anyways i was charged with a felony, then i plead not guilty. My attorney reset my court date, i went to court today and they dropped my case to a deferral. Now what i need from you all is your opinion. Please help. My next court date is Nov 3 of 2005. we have to go to the fraud division and talk to them to see if they could talk to the DA to drop charges. To show them that i was scammed. My question is should i get the deferral or go all the way to trial. It will cost me 4,000 dollars in attorney fees. I don't have that much money. and if i lose the case they will convict me with a felony. So what should i do. take the plead of a deferral and not show up on my record or go to trial and try to prove my innocense? But, the only thing is i will have 1 year probation and 100 hours of community service then after i complete that it will be dismissed as a deferral.....Has anyone out there won a case like this. You all know how the DA can be.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:26 pm 
As long as you paid the money back there is no victim, your case should be dismissed

Post subject: scammed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:54 pm 

you're right but the thing is they did not dismissed it. They are still charging me. The store dropped all charges but the DA didn't. That's how Texas deals with thing. All they want is money. So, you see everybody gets scammed one way or another. I'm getting scammed by attorney's, DA, Courts. So, everybody screws everbody. That's messed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:08 pm 
What county are you in? Contact Karensolo on this board she has some legal resources that you may need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:30 pm 

I live in the USA Houston TX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:47 am 

I am curious to know how this ended up, as I was also arrested for forgery from one of these bogus nigerian scams and my court won't drop it either...