There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Response To A Potential Scammer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:14 pm 

To My Friends At ScamVictimsUnited,

I'm done with this potential scammer. After reading through many areas of ScamVictimsUnited, I now realize that I might be comitting a crime by associating with these people...so rather than wait for these people to pull me into their personal HELL and helping me to create my own, I ended it with this letter. Fortunately, I have NOT been scammed, but if you have had such misfortune or are dealing with someone like this, please feel free to use these words to tell the scammer to take a hike, get a life or whatever!

Regards,
John

Subject: RE: Hello
Date: Mon, Oct 17, 2005 7:56 pm
To: lizzbaby34@yahoo.com

Hi Liz,

While catching up on my email, I've noticed some things you've said recently that are causing me concern. First of all, you've said 'MANY" times that a money order or money orders are coming and now that your attorney will be contacting me and that I needed to 'Lie" and tell him that I am family.

Liz, I do not know what you are up to or if its the people that you associate with. But I can tell you this much, from my view, this is very suspicious. I am not a criminal and I do not associate with the criminal types. But I am an honest man who likes to help people, whenever an opportunity is placed in my path, with legitimate problems or requests for assistance. Your many requests for assistance with money orders or 'traveler's check" (which have 'NEVER" materialized) have prompted me to ask questions to my bank and to law enforcement officials, including our FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and our Secret Service Agency (an agency designed to protect Americans at risk.) as well as perform extensive research on the matter on the Internet.

I hope that you are an honorable person who's only been caught up in someone else's crazy schemes. If that is the case, then I feel very sorry for you and hope that you are able to sort this out and manage to get what you need without getting hurt. As for me, I've learned enough lately to cause me enough concern to ask you to please leave me out of your future needs to convert checks or money orders or travelers checks into cash. I am very keenly aware that Nigeria is known for scams on people who agree to help people to cash checks…normally for some sad reason like a sick relative, hospital bill or something lie designed to fool people.

Please know that I am open minded and do not know exactly where you might fit in all this, but I can tell you that there is a major movement in this country to put a stop to this kind of thing. Due to what I have learned, there is absolutely NO WAY I will ever participate in any attempt to convert checks or whatever into cash. I have recently learned that it is even illegal for me to even communicate with people in Nigeria whenever there is any discussion about converting checks to cash.

Keep in mind that I am still trying to discern what is real and what is not. Surely you cannot fault me for simply seeking out the truth, no matter who's feelings might get hurt in the process. If you are innocent, then just allow me to blow off a little stream and help educate me here. However, If scamming me was your plan all along, please do not even bother to write me back. I will simply let this go and forget about it. You do not have any idea of my experience in the world, but I can tell you this…I have learned to remain trusting and open minded with everyone, regardless of National origin, race, socio-economic until I have a good reason to become suspicious or doubtful. So I'll be clear with you once again and say that I'm very suspicious about your intentions and absolutely insist that you leave me COMPLETELY out of your plans to convert checks.

Oh, one other thing, when did I ever agree that we are lovers and that we should make plans to meet? Certainly I love meeting new people and developing lasting relationships, but never based on my willingness to assist with criminal activity. I hope that you can understand my position and not push me any further towards something that I do not have the time, the desire nor the inclination to become involved with. I am into music, creativity and helping myself and others to realize their aspirations in life…NOT TO ASSOCIATE WITH SCAMMERS and other criminal types. GOD's will be done on those who choose a lifestyle based on lies and deceit. I recently joined http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/ and have learned a wealth of information there about what is happening in Nigeria. Wow! While I certainly do not judge the Nigerian people, I feel compelled to say that any State whose leaders allows their region to develop a worldwide reputation of being a MECCA FOR SCAM ARTISTS is a country that is going down the wrong path and many will have serious dues to pay later. I am a peaceful and forgiving person and do not ever want to bring harm upon anyone. I know that my country is not perfect and has many corrupting forces. I have spent a lifetime fighting these internal corrupting forces by becoming educated sharing what I've learned with those with less information. Information is power in today's world, not money, as many might be fooled into thinking.

You may already know this but let me tell you anyway. There are many people around the world who would love to be a part of the solution to this problem. Scammers cannot continue to bring harm to good people who are generous of heart, even if the victims' motivations were partly selfish. The problem will eventually come back to the perpetrators' doorstep. You may recall that I am a Network Engineer and I know that there is a way to trace communications back to it's source. But forget about that. When agents appear in an infected neighborhood, they are much more deft at sniffing out evil-doers than some computer nerd sitting at a computer trying to trap someone electronically. A source computer can be easily traced to a city or an address.

Liz, you said 'I Love You" in your closing salutation. I'm not sure where that came from and I wonder what it really means to you? If you really do 'LOVE" me, then I am asking you to do the right thing and help to change the reputation of your beautiful country. You or those who might influence you to aid them in their lies and deceit may discover that the rewards you reap for helping to do the right thing are far greater than the momentary pleasure one might get from ripping off a generous old lady or some disable old man who fought in wars to help secure the freedoms that we enjoy in this and other counties today.

Sincerely,

John Cornett.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 9:38 AM
To: jc@jcornett.com
Subject: Hello

Hi hun how are you doing over there, hope your business and projects are moving smoothly as well supposed to be.

I will like to tell you that i will be going for a business trip to southern African Countries for about 2 weeks now starting from this week thursday, however i guess you might have been contacted by my Attorney but if not just want you to know that i will be sending a parcel myself containing a check and when you get it pls kindly cash that for me and i will tell you how to send the money and moreso when i conclude the trip and get the payment from you after cashing the check then i will arrange on comming to meet you there in the state.

Thanks for your gesture

I love you

Scamming is "practically" sanctioned in Nigeria. Nigerian scammers systematically SCAM good people everywhere, especially in "RICH" western countries. They operate with the protection of their corrupt government. The love idiots. RU1?
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:44 am 

pashenit- Glad you did not get caught up in this obvious scam.
In the future it may not be wise to give the URL of this site to these scammers, this site has been hacked several times before by scammers, and the less they know the better off we are to fight against them....