ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scammed on a cashier's check
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:12 pm 

My wife was selling her furniture and electronics items. Some guy pretending to be Dr. Kelvin responded with the offer to buy everything I was selling as he and his wife were moving to US from UK.
After corresponding with him he sent payment in cashier's check with an overpayment of considerable amount to my wife. She immediately deposited it in the bank. The guy kept calling her to get the over payment to the movers as there was demurrage charges being incurred with him. My wife asked the bank when the amount will be there for her to withdraw. And they told her on Monday. She went to the Bank on Monday morning. Withdrew the overpayment amount. Which the buyer wanted to be sent through western union to a London, UK address.
Which she was able to do easily as the bank made the funds available. Then we were happy that the transacation was a success. The buyer emailed us saying his wife is dead and he has to go to India to bury her. That she was the main reason they were moving to US/Canada in the first place. Now the person wanted to get the rest of the money to him too. As he did not wanted to purchase the furniture.
After a couple of weeks of depositing the check we found out the check was a counterfeit check. And that my wife's account is now overdrawn. Bad situation to be in at this time. When my wife is pregnant.

Post subject: The fact remains.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:30 pm 

Whoever person picked up the money from Western Union who got the refund is the scammer. Why can't we catch this guy?? Put a bait and catch the sob.

Post subject: Scammer used.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:34 pm 

Used > > Name: ALEX WILSON
> > Address: 9 HOGARTH ROAD
> > DAGENHAM
> > LONDON
> > Postal Code: RM8 2NJ
> > Country: UNITED KINGDOM
this address to receive the money from my wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:42 pm 

sorry to hear you have been scammed - the address you posted does exist - have also checked for a telephone number, and nothing comes up - hopefully the experts can advise you on your nest step

http://www.proviser.com/page/property_p ... GARTH+ROAD

Post subject: Lots of information on the web. still getting scammed!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:34 pm 

Its not fair after all this information on the web available. I failed to avail this information. Due to time restraints. As I am sure the counterfeiter kept me and wife busy during this time with the transaction details. I think everyone should share this information so the people who are in this scam can be caught by their own actions in the future.

Post subject: Re: Lots of information on the web. still getting scammed!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:19 pm 
Shaak1 wrote:
Its not fair after all this information on the web available. I failed to avail this information. Due to time restraints. As I am sure the counterfeiter kept me and wife busy during this time with the transaction details. I think everyone should share this information so the people who are in this scam can be caught by their own actions in the future.

That is what this board is for, share information, you are not going to catch the person that took your money.

Post subject: You are right
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:07 pm 

Armac, you are right, They will not catch the person unless we educate all who come here. Eventually they will mess up and get caught by someone better at this computer stuff than I am. Someone who will be relentless.
And yes I was scammed. But this board has educated me more that I could of ever imagined. I had to take a low paying job to pay the bills but have found out that I am more educated than I was before the Scam.
Now I chose to be dumb like a FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!