ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: People that have been scammed by checks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:51 pm 

I am located in Akron Ohio and run my own small business, in which I cash various checks. About 5 people a month come into my store and attempt to cash many different types of fake checks. Everyone says that they had no idea and that the check was given to them by a friend. They try to tell me a sob story on how they have been duped when selling there personal property for the check. This is my answer for those losers that have been had!!!!

Use your god given brain when dealing with people. Any idiot that has ever been taken in by the nigerian lottery scam ought to be thrown in jail and have there ability to reproduce stopped so that there ignorance and stupidity does not spread.

I am sick of people saying they did not know it was fake let me tell you morons this. If someone tells you to give them money for a prize you are getting robbed.

In addition, as a rule in the criminal society if a person borrows a car that turns out to be loaded with marijauna they have to prove they were not involved and that should be the same way with checks

If you try to cash a bad check you should be trown into jail for either ignirance or for the crime so stop complaining

:evil:

Now that AJ has had his mental breakdown maybe he will re read this post and see just how stupid he looks writing it, afterall look where he can to vent, I sincerely hope that AJ reconsiders his harsh opinions and words and decides to do the right thing and get EDUCATED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:43 pm 
Gold Member

Dont beat about the bush, tell us what you really think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:50 pm 

amjad_01

You certainly won't get any sympothy from a victim's board!! Put a sign up on your door that says "we don't cash checks" and stop your b*tchin! It's quite a simple fix....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:42 pm 

AJ I sincerely hope that someday your harsh words come home to roost. Let me tell you as a Fraud Victim Advocate - Nobody not even pathetic people like you bother to teach the public how to spot a fake or counterfeit check. Not the banks, Not the government, not businesses noone, they find out when the check comes back to bite them in the butt.

Unless you do your homework and really look at the WHOLE picture do not judge others. These thieves are extremely crafty and sly, their stories to many are very believable and very sympathy drawing. They are experts at psychological ploys to keep a victim hooked and some even go to the extent of threatening victims into compliance with their schemes.

Those of us who are out there helping victims overcome these crimes, are also out there teaching the public how to properly verify a check BUT there are way too few of us out there doing so to make a huge dent fast in the problem.

So might I suggest the next time you feel like spouting off and laying blame where it is not rightfully due that you shut your mouth, read, listen and learn and then you can come to your own opinion.

with the attitude that you have I certainly would never shop with your business, makes me wonder how many would be faithful customers you have driven away with your mouth alone.

Hmmmm I wonder if AJ actually has signs at his counter warning of Check Scams and Counterfeit checks and money orders being sent to innocent citizens from other countries. Probably not, he would rather have an innocent victim arrested for something they didnt know was a bad check, that they thought was an honest payment for an item they sold at an auction site or on a classified listing online.

Those who do not do their part and post warnings in their establishment have no room to yell when people who are unsuspecting present what they think is a legitimate check only to find out it is counterfeit.

Sorry if this is a negative post but it is necessary and due in this circumstance.

AJ if you are not here to help others then please do not return, we would welcome you as a productive and helpful member of this board but we will not tollerate outbursts like what you have displayed which are nothing more than destructive to those who are already in pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:52 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

My first thought was to delete the original post since it goes against the supportive nature of this board, but when I read the responces by other members I saw that it was good to leave it. The original poster will most likely not come back here, but maybe others will see that we are stronger than them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch