ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Checks, but not cashier's checks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:15 pm 

Unfortunately I too am a victim of check fraud. I was contacted online by someone who claims to sell goods in the United States. They told me that it took like two months to get their money and they were looking for people to cash checks for them and wire them the money. God just typing that makes me wanna kick myself in the face...what was i thinking.

I was sent two checks for 3k each. I figured when I went to the bank, if they were bad they'd let me know. I asked to cash the check and they did. Just like that. I just moved to San Diego from vegas and cashed the first check in San Diego with my Nevada account. I figured that they checked it and it was good. No worries right?? wrong. the next day I went to cash the other one, not realizing i used my NEW account i opened the day before in San Diego with only 25 dollars in the account. They cashed it too. So i thought cool they were real checks and I just made 600 bucks. A week later I met up with an old friend of mine and we went out for a few drinks. I was so embarrassed went the bartender came back and told me i had no money, when i know i had like 400 bucks in my account.

The next day i called the bank and reality hit me like a ton of bricks. both checks had bounced. 100 percent fake checks, with fake account numbers and all. I immdiately went to the police and filled out a police report and then contacted the branch manager at the bank i did it at. I wanted to let them know I didn't know those checks were bad and i wired 5400 dollars of the 6k total overseas.

Bank of America told me it was gonna be investigated and they'd get back to me. A few days later I got a call from a manager who was taking care of my Nevada account. I was told I have 120 days to payback the money and it was pretty much cut and dry. I walked in with the check and they cashed it in good faith. So it was my responsiblity.

My second account however, cuz was a new account they demanded the money in its entirety. How do i pay back 3k when i only make 10 bucks an hour. I feel that Bank of America is being completely unreasonable. Ya can't squeeze blood from a stone. I kept reminding them that I was a victim and I do want to take care of this problem and if paying back the 6k was the price to pay for a life lesson then so be it. They demanded the money in 4 payments, I kept telling them I can't afford that and I have no one to borrow that kind of money from.

About a month went by and I got another phone call from BoA and she was very nice and understanding and said she'd put my account on hold and give me more time. The next day I was contacted by an Attorney's office that represented BoA demanding that I pay this money in 4 payments. I told them my situation and said I'd get back to them in a few days cuz i had to talk to my dad and get some advice cuz I just don't know what to do.

The next day was friday and i deposited my check in to my account (I immediately opened a new checking account with a different bank so i could still pay my bills and stuff) and monday morning i find out that i was put on check systems for check fraud and they closed my account. Now i have to wait 10 days before i can see my paycheck.

this is pretty much my story from start until now. It never dawned on me to look up others who had problems like these until this morning and that's why I'm here.

Quite frankly...I'm scared. I'm 25 workin my a$$ off for 10 bucks an hour plus doing extra work in the evenings and all i want this to do is go away. I want to give them money but they insist it's there way or NO way. how is that fair?

has anyone else had problems with Bank of America?? if so please please contact me. multiple minds work better then one :D

thank you all for listening to my story
Rocco

rocco@dabackyard.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:38 am 
Not just BOA, all banks handle the situation in the same manner.

Post subject: Checks by QuestCheck
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:31 pm 

Has any body gotten any checks from QuestCheck? If you do, DO NOT CASH THEM THEY ARE TOILET PAPER

Post subject: Qchexs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:34 pm 

Sorry the company is called Qchex and it is a check delivery service online. I got some and guess what they were all fakes. I cashed one at my bank for $2,000.00 now I owe the bank (not BOA) the $2,000.00. I am trying to pay them back and for now thanks to that check I am black balled from getting a checking account till this is paid up.