ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Been scammed, now responsible for money, please help!...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:43 am 

So I'm pretty sure now that I've been a victim of this Nigerian counterfeit operation. I sold my guitar over the internet to some guy for $600. He said he'd make the shipping arrangements. He sent me $3000...I was to keep my share of $600 for the guitar and wire the rest to his alleged shipper. So when the check arrived I cashed it at a place called CheckMate and wired the rest of the money to his shipper. The lady who cashed the check never bothered to see if the check was good. Now I find out the check I cashed was a fake and now I'm being held responsible for the whole $3000. I don't think I should be fully responsible for paying that money considering none of this would have happened if it hadn't been for the negligence of that clerk. Please tell me if there's anything I can do!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:59 am 
You presented it as a valid item, they cashed it a such, you are responsible. I am sure they have a discalimer somewhere stating, "Anything returned is the sole responsibility of the presenter"
Sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:56 pm 

Many banks in the rules and regulations for accounts state that it is the account holder's responsibility to verify items before they are presented to be cashed. This is how they get out of any responsibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:42 am 
KarynSolo wrote:
Many banks in the rules and regulations for accounts state that it is the account holder's responsibility to verify items before they are presented to be cashed. This is how they get out of any responsibility.

He cashed it at a check cashing establishment, I am sure they have discalimers that are posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:13 am 

They are so loosely regulated it is not funny at those places. He should feel lucky they didnt have him arrested. Those places are nasty about stuff like this. It is my advice to just make a payment arrangement with them and stick to it, dont ignore them and do not under any circumstances get them any angrier that they are with you.