ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FBI form - Do they respond?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:26 am 

For those who have contacted the FBI? Do they respond to the on line form? Our loss is almost $18K. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:30 am 
I have never had any luck with the FBI, I get much better results from the Secret Service, you might try them. FBI is very terrorist related now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:46 pm 

If you have not lost 40k or more I doubt they will even bother to respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:56 pm 
I have had cases, far smaller than $40,000.00 that were picked up by the Secret Service. Once again, I have better luck with the Secret Service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:54 pm 

armac that is at least encouraging news. When I called the SS they told me that it wouldnt be looked at , the FBI told me to call the SS, the SS in washington told me to call the FBI. I gave up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:46 pm 
KarynSolo wrote:
armac that is at least encouraging news. When I called the SS they told me that it wouldnt be looked at , the FBI told me to call the SS, the SS in washington told me to call the FBI. I gave up.

Sometimes it depends on the Agent you contact, I know it can be diconcerting when you do not get a response. I get the same thing from the FBI 9 out of 10 times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:04 am 

Just for the record. I was scammed for $27 000. Was referred to FBI and then the SS. SS told me sorry it's too small to help, they will record it though! I just wonder how much of this money fund terrorism and the goverment still won't help.The Banks also keep making money with no responsibility, if they screw up we must pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:33 pm 

Well generally the money goes into the hands of drug rings, sometimes to terrorist organizations, either way it winds up in the wrong pockets for sure. I would ask those who have luck with the Secret Service to maybe coach you on how to approach them and what to say,k sometimes with government offices its not only who you talk to but how you approach them that can make a world of difference.